White dot on picture

On G11 i tried covering the lens with black cloth and dark room.

This setting i cannot see the white spot.

cannot.jpg

And this setting can see but not as obvious.
can.jpg

Sorry post blank picture :p

Last edited:
It seem like there nothing wrong with your G11.

You are shooting @ ISO 1600 for the 1st photo you have posted.

Even with my 450D, i will not use anything above 800 unless i have no choice.

:cheers:

What I am surprise is all the picture I have taken it's just this particular white spot in the same area. So was wondering what causes it. Daylight of course not noticeable. It could be there but not able to see since it's a white pixel.

It happens. Even in my old fuji prosumer it happens if I do long exposures.

No biggie. You can't really see it if printed, and if you reduce the size for web viewing. Will not really affect your pictures.

Just keep shooting.

If you really want perfect captures, you have to go for FullFrame DSLRs at least, or move up to digital Medium Format.

Last edited:
Oic. But I don't do long exposure. Just wondering does it happen to other cameras. So I can assume that it's normal? Anyone knows what causes it? Will it go away. Yup won't be able to see once scale down and on print :)

Oic. But I don't do long exposure. Just wondering does it happen to other cameras. So I can assume that it's normal? Anyone knows what causes it? Will it go away. Yup won't be able to see once scale down and on print :)

It is normal. It is digital noise. It will go away if the light levels are good. It will look more obvious if the exposure is longer.

So don't bother, if you can't see it at lesser than 100% or printed.

Thank you all. Guess its a minor issue then since it's only 1 dot.;)