White-crested Laughingthrush

Status
Not open for further replies.

erwinx

Jan 18, 2002
Visit site
25278_G.jpg

trying for an environmental portrait this time. This is actually in shade so ISO 800 was used.

erwinx said:
25278_G.jpg

trying for an environmental portrait this time. This is actually in shade so ISO 800 was used.

Lovely. Not too hard, not too soft. Just nice. My only nit would be the cropped tail. :thumbsup:

Could you share your workflow?

Nice portrait shot of the Laughing Thrush. :thumbsup: Good exposure and detail. Thanks for sharing!

Now this one is a fine clean image... cute birdie.

guys, thanks for the comments

Jeff, the workflow for this pic is:

(1) Canon Raw converter with White balance around 5200k (not sure)
(2) Photoshop - Curves tool - manually apply S-curve
(3) Photoshop - unsharp mask 100% 0.4
(4) Photoshop - saturation + 10 (the purists will be after me for this :D )

thats it. if i was printing, then i would use neatimage to reduce the noise. For web-sized image, neatimage is optional.

The image looks like it was noise reduced .... or processed ....... the feather looks too smooth. i wonder how is a person able to tell a 'clean' image from a web size picture??? Will not the change in size reduce noise too?

Would you please expand BBNP for me, Is it in Singapore ? As you can see I'm down under but get to bird in S'pore from time to time and need to know where you find these beauties.

Thanks

Murray Smith said:
Would you please expand BBNP for me, Is it in Singapore ? As you can see I'm down under but get to bird in S'pore from time to time and need to know where you find these beauties.

Thanks

Hi Murray,

BBNP is Bukit Batok Nature Park (www.nparks.gov.sg). It is very crowded on weekends but one of my 3 favourite 'bird parks' (the others being Botanic Gardens and Marina Park)

This is an introduced species but on the official Singapore Bird list as there is a viable resident breeding population.

Status
Not open for further replies.