White Colour Temperature for Fuji Frontiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alangoh

Jul 3, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
I want to try to calibrate the colour balance on my monitor to match the printer's. Anyone know what the default setting for white color temperature?

Thanks.

which printer? All machines are different, ask the vendor if there has any profile...

I know Beautiful Memories at Stamford House do have profile, and it very precise profile wise.

ICC profile and white colour balance, as i understand it, are two different things. ICC profile, profiles your red, green and blue tones, on print and monitor. So, that colour balance, as defined by red, green and blue looks the same on two monitors/prints with the same ICC profile.

My understanding is that where white colour temperature is concerned, there is a sort of "industry standard", so the photography community may be using a 6,500 Kelvin white, whereas the advertising industry using a 5,000 Kelvin white, and so on and so forth. But, that does not mean that the ICC profile is different. Both industry could be using the same ICC profile but as we know, the different white will result in a different picture. Its like shooting daylight and fluorescent colour balanced film, the outcome depends on whether you are using a daylight film or flourescent balanced film for indoor shoot of a room lighted with floescent tube.

I guess that sets the background to my question. Just wondering if anyone know the answer. Thanks much!

Status
Not open for further replies.