White Balancing Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightwolf75

Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
really MORE diaper changes
AFAIK, there are 3 products currently available here for WB calibration on our DSLRs - the expodisc (both the netural and warm versions), one from PPCP and the other marketed by perly inc.

i know abt the expodisc - currently the priciest WB tool on the mkt. i would like to ask if there are folks who are using the other 2 alternatives, and find out how the products are? i used to have this piece of fresnel plastic marketed by another CSer during a MO. sadly, the product is not effective for me. ended up giving it away.

i also have a WhiBal card... but it's a bit of a hassle to bring it out cos i've to keep it in my pockets. sometimes, my bermudas dun have pockets deep enuf for it.

TIA! :)

Bro! For a small sum I'll carry your WhiBal card for you and even do the test shot for you and call you later to tell you the exact K to cal your shot. ;)

You can order the expodisc from the websites. It much cheaper than getting from CP. 119USD rather than 250SGD.

In Fredmiranda forums a few years back, there was a thread where photogs tried out a homemade WB tool using coffee filters, to great success. Essentially placing a piece of coffee filter paper over the lens and measuring WB. Might want to give that a try.

Bro! For a small sum I'll carry your WhiBal card for you and even do the test shot for you and call you later to tell you the exact K to cal your shot. ;)

kns... :kok: btw, cannot join u on 28/7. got some sch event to go. eh... can u update me via email on wats going on?

You can order the expodisc from the websites. It much cheaper than getting from CP. 119USD rather than 250SGD.

ain't it always the case... unfortunately, CP is the sole agent here.

In Fredmiranda forums a few years back, there was a thread where photogs tried out a homemade WB tool using coffee filters, to great success. Essentially placing a piece of coffee filter paper over the lens and measuring WB. Might want to give that a try.

heh.. tried it b4, plus pringles cap... din work well enuf for me. ;)

Sorry for OT. I've also considered Expodisc and WhiBal card before. Correct me if I'm wrong, when using Expodisc, you will need to point the camera to the light source. Which I feel that might be difficult in some suitation. However, with WhiBal, I just need to place it at the location where the light shine on. So in the end I selected WhiBal.

Cheers.

Before
875005348_69fa3d0212_o.jpg

After: White balance adjustment in Lightroom (with WhiBal)
865163049_684b4f30d2_o.jpg

I suggest that you always bring a gray card during your shoot. :)

I suggest that you always bring a gray card during your shoot. :)

sorry i'm never use grey card b4. If we bring a gray card during our shoot does it mean every single shot we have to include the gray card as well or how? apprecaite your explanation on this matter

sorry i'm never use grey card b4. If we bring a gray card during our shoot does it mean every single shot we have to include the gray card as well or how? apprecaite your explanation on this matter

As long as the lighting conditions do not change, & you take a shot in RAW, you can apply the temperature obtained from the grey card to the rest of the other photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.