White Balance

Status
Not open for further replies.

indomie

Jan 1, 2009
what type of WB you prefer to use under bright sunlight??
Shade/Cloud/Auto or any other??

Why not "sunny" WB?

yeah of course sunny... any other WB you guys like to use?

i read from article, using shade is better... ^^

like asking how others what to go with their Hainanses Chicken rice? plain? ginger paste? black soy sauce? or chilli?

depends on what mood you want to create, eg using cloudy for warm look, tungsten for create blue tone...

Auto...

Actually, the best is to shoot RAW and correct later on the computer...

Auto...

Actually, the best is to shoot RAW and correct later on the computer...

I recommend fix it using PRE. So that it is consistent through out all scenes, if you know is out, you can apply consistent white balance changes across all the pictures. This is on assumption that you are taking images on the same location. If you are running around between different lighting locations like on wedding, yup AUTO works.

Auto, shoot raw, adjust it in pp (can choose whether plain, ginger paste, more chilli, more black soy sauce.....) ;p

I recommend fix it using PRE. So that it is consistent through out all scenes, if you know is out, you can apply consistent white balance changes across all the pictures. This is on assumption that you are taking images on the same location. If you are running around between different lighting locations like on wedding, yup AUTO works.

Eh... I wouldn't reccomend PRE for outdoors. Light conditions keep shifting and even in the same spot, the WB difference for slight cloud cover and sunny conditions is really wide.

I'd only use PRE for IR or mebbe studio work where I can control the lights totally.

Status
Not open for further replies.