White Balance? [Photos inside]

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeter

May 1, 2004
Hi to all people reading this thread.

Got a question in my mind from my recent photos.

DSC_0798.jpg
DSC_0799.jpg

Why is it that the color is so different. And i prefer the one on the right, as the color looks better.

The photos were taken one after another. Can someone point out what is altered? What i thought is white balance, but i am not sure.

Thank you and looking forward for replies :)

it's the temperature of the colours if i'm not wrong. it's measured in kelvin, and if you do shoot in RAW, it's adjustable. yeah let's say if you're inside a room with tungstun lighting, u can adjust your WB to tungstun, so your photos wont turn out the wrong colours. this is mainly subjective.

i believe it's auto white balance.

Look at the white bowl on the right.. it should be white. 2nd photo abit reddish.
Use PS or other editing tools to edit...not a real problem.

Hi to all people reading this thread.

Got a question in my mind from my recent photos.

DSC_0798.jpg
DSC_0799.jpg

Why is it that the color is so different. And i prefer the one on the right, as the color looks better.

The photos were taken one after another. Can someone point out what is altered? What i thought is white balance, but i am not sure.

Thank you and looking forward for replies :)

you use Auto White Balance for both pics,

Auto White Balance can be varied from pictures to pictures even under same lighting, same exposure conditions.

if you want consistency about white balance, use custom white balance before you shoot, or shoot in RAW and correct it during post, else just use auto WB and live with it.

btw, left pic is a little too cool, but still acceptable, and the right is too reddish.

As everyone had mentioned, you had used the auto white balance. So the in-camera processor tries to evaluate the scene and tries to determine the colour temperature to the best of its guess. however, a slight change in composition may change the white balance entirely.

Oh i see, thank you everyone for your replies, will take note on it in the future :)

because they take all the colours in a matrix and try to guess which is the correct wb for that situation. so for your case, the reason why the right is warmer is probably because the hand is a major colour subject where the auto wb takes it from. so yea..

Status
Not open for further replies.