White balance help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the colour cast is due to the flare not because of WB. You can't help it by WB.

BC
the flare at the model's rear end sure, but overall there is abit of greenish tone as well...

the flare at the model's rear end sure, but overall there is abit of greenish tone as well...
It's lens flare. I get those once in a while with strong back lighting.

The greenish tint is due to the lens coating.

Can't be help by WB.

BC

Can't be help by WB.

BC

can photoshop 'deflare' the pic?

can photoshop 'deflare' the pic?
Yes... to a certain extent.

I did a practise on your photo. lf you don't mind, I can post it later.

BC

Yes... to a certain extent.

I did a practise on your photo. lf you don't mind, I can post it later.

BC

nope i dont.thanks for respecting my photo rights.:)

Can't be help by WB.

BC
like I said in the previous post, I acknowledged the flare, and yes the flare has a greenish tinge due to lens coating etc...

but overall in the whole image, there is a slight greenish tinge, especially in the shadow area, on the overall image due to slight WB issue... it might be due to ambient fluorescent light spilling onto the shadow area (this is of course speculation but it does look like the green tinge you get from fluorescent lighting)... likewise I have tried to adjust the tinge, successfully, by adjusting the overall colour of the image :)

like I said in the previous post, I acknowledged the flare, and yes the flare has a greenish tinge due to lens coating etc...

but overall in the whole image, there is a slight greenish tinge, especially in the shadow area, on the overall image due to slight WB issue... it might be due to ambient fluorescent light spilling onto the shadow area (this is of course speculation but it does look like the green tinge you get from fluorescent lighting)... likewise I have tried to adjust the tinge, successfully, by adjusting the overall colour of the image :)

my room was completely darkened.no lights other than modelling lights.

because i failed to shoot the WB card, i reckon that's where the tinge comes.
sigh...
so i was right.
tons of PP to do.:what:

my friend, can share the corrected pic to me please?

This is a typical lens flare. Lens flare (not the glaring studio light) is right at the front element of the lens which is in front of the everything, therefore you can see it in the shadow area. You can see that the tint is stronger closer to the bright areas.

No matter what you do in the WB, you cannot prevent this. You can adjust WB spot on, but when the light strikes directly at your lens, you get the green flare.

BC

my room was completely darkened.no lights other than modelling lights.

because i failed to shoot the WB card, i reckon that's where the tinge comes.
sigh...
so i was right.
tons of PP to do.:what:

Nope... not because you fail to shoot the WB card. Tinge is not due to WB as I have said.

BC

Nope... not because you fail to shoot the WB card. Tinge is not due to WB as I have said.

BC

so now i'm confused.

so does that mean that pic does NOT have WB issue and the green tinge in the pic is sue to the FLARE?

so now i'm confused.

so does that mean that pic does NOT have WB issue and the green tinge in the pic is sue to the FLARE?
why don't you try adjusting the green/magenta slider of lightroom (assuming it has such a slider...only familiar with photoshop and capture one) towards the magenta side by a bit... :)

why don't you try adjusting the green/magenta slider of lightroom (assuming it has such a slider...only familiar with photoshop and capture one) towards the magenta side by a bit... :)

b4 the discussion turns into flames, i would like to say
"RBK, Scag,
whom both are my good mentor, please dont turn this ugly because of WB or flare k?"
:embrass:

RBK, i will try it tonight if i have the time.
thanks.

b4 the discussion turns into flames, i would like to say
"RBK, Scag,
whom both are my good mentor, please dont turn this ugly because of WB or flare k?"
:embrass:

RBK, i will try it tonight if i have the time.
thanks.
no worries... we are just having diff in opinion... happens all the time... no personal insults :)

so now i'm confused.

Don't worry... just be aware of it the next time. Next time you encounter this, try taking out the filter. You can experiment whether WB helps or not.

Since now it is already shot and over, the only thing you can do now is adjust it in post processing.

I am ok with others having differing views, that does not make me hate the person... ;)

RBK --> :cheers: <-- me

BC

Don't worry... just be aware of it the next time. Next time you encounter this, try taking out the filter. You can experiment whether WB helps or not.

Since now it is already shot and over, the only thing you can do now is adjust it in post processing.

I am ok with others having differing views, that does not make me hate the person... ;)

RBK --> :cheers: <-- me

BC

friendly postings like these should be make more often.
my wish is for CS to become a place like this....really.

i'll try tonight and post again.
thanks both gurus.:thumbsup:

ok, though this is the silhouette one, i've tried removing the green tinge.
how does it go?or too dark cant see?

S1-1.jpg

Prefer the first one - though I would like to have seen stronger flare, but without the green cast from the flare dominating the tones so much. I made a quick 2 minute edit of your photo - do you mind if I post it to show you what I mean ?

Status
Not open for further replies.