White Balance correction

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryuggen

Apr 5, 2006
Bukit Panjang
hah, anyone wanna share their experience how they correct their white balance during photoshoot out?

Personally, i'll wear a white polo and just shoot at my own shirt to get the rough WB. But this method is not very effective. Anyone care to share their formula?

hah, anyone wanna share their experience how they correct their white balance during photoshoot out?

Personally, i'll wear a white polo and just shoot at my own shirt to get the rough WB. But this method is not very effective. Anyone care to share their formula?

Bring a white card. Rather if you have to look at the surrounding, look at what you deem is "correct" white.
You can play with your WB setting mah? Why worry? Shoot in raw if your mind is still not at ease.

I now play with WB, not necessary base on the weather or location (indoor/outdoor,lighting)
Sometimes playing with WB gives u a better pic like using a warming/cool filter.

eg. you want a warmer pic, use shade - similar to using warm filter 81A.

I usually carry a B7 size white card (cut from an A4 size Xerox 80 GSM paper). This seems to work fine for me.

Cheers

Kelvin

I think its time to eat pringles! haha, btw, u just shoot directly at the white cap at arm distance? or very near the lense?

Usually I like to capture the exact colour/mood of the lighting. My WB is almost always on Cloudy.

believe it or not, i haven used custom white balance ever since i tested it when i bought my dslr til now, cos its either pretty accurate, or i just use my raw and do my curves.

Status
Not open for further replies.