white bal preset

Status
Not open for further replies.

viperMako

May 12, 2005
pardon my ignorance.
am i right to say that if i were to use the WB preset measurement on my ezy-balance graycard, the effect of using a 81A filter would be negated?

foxtwo

Mar 11, 2004
singapore
Yes (to some effect), but only because you are using the preset measurement, nothing to do with the grey card. A grey card is to measure exposure, it does not effect colour temperature.

catchlights

Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
If you take the WB preset measurement with 81A filter on, it will compensate the warm tone and give you a neutral balance.

If you want the warming effect of the 81A filter, take the measurement without the filter.

Btw, as long a surface of object is neutral, like white (RGB, 255,255,255) or gray (RGB 128,128,128), you may use as a white balance reference.

So a gray card (18% gray) can use to measure white balance and exposure reading for digital photography.

Hope this help.

viperMako

May 12, 2005
catchlights said:
If you take the WB preset measurement with 81A filter on, it will compensate the warm tone and give you a neutral balance.

If you want the warming effect of the 81A filter, take the measurement without the filter.

Btw, as long a surface of object is neutral, like white (RGB, 255,255,255) or gray (RGB 128,128,128), you may use as a white balance reference.

So a gray card (18% gray) can use to measure white balance and exposure reading for digital photography.

Hope this help.
yes, thanks. The reason is sometimes i don't wish to hv the 81A effect [eg to reproduce the exact color]. So I am thinking i could actually do a preset with the filter on to get rid of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom