White Angel Eileen

Status
Not open for further replies.

CasualSnaper

Jun 7, 2007
Enjoy my group shoot with fun loving Eileen..........thank you.

These are slides. No digital camera, no light meter.

CC please.

70880009a.JPG

70880015a.JPG

70880019a.JPG

Model credits : Ivan

Scanning credits : KJ Colourlab & Studio

Slides or digital, does not matter. The exposure is all over the place. The lighting is all messed up. Details are gone is both the highlights and shadows. :)

exposure is all over the place. i love it except #2 (over too much). dont like a big white even lit smiling face. i think there are details in highlights. you can't see lines in the singlet. (i could not lower my studio lightstand any lower.) how to have more details in jeans and hair. MORE LIGHTS ?

IVANNNNNN, you forgot to move the gigantic reflectorS forward when you asked the model to move back to the wall !

Slides or digital, does not matter. The exposure is all over the place. The lighting is all messed up. Details are gone is both the highlights and shadows. :)

Anymore? ;p

the first set, she wore a black dress against the "fullerton bridge". the bridge was mostly grey and the base of the bridge was a thick black band across. if not careless, the black base or the grey bridge lines will be the backdrop. if take the photo from left side of the reflectors, the building have to be straight. actually, i forgot to set manual flash (TTL against brolly) for the first 14 exposures plus i set ambient to -2 ve on purpose. the colour was dull. flash off + -2ve. no way, i can save that.

more to come, recluse.

shadow on face is interesting. more shadows to come.

in fact, it is how we look like with all the hard lights around us.

i totally believe very flattering head on soft light is not easy to find.

I love this shot.
icon11.gif

The shadow and the expression on her face.

Captivating

The latitude of slides is pretty narrow, so if you want to capture more detail, either lower the lighting ratio or shoot on negatives (if you want to shoot on film). The other reason would be your low angle light is pretty near to the model, so the light fall-off is more dramatic; you're getting different lighting ratios for the head, torso legs, etc...

I am cool with the lack of details in the hair for now. the frontal light (or lack of it) is from giant reflector. looking forward, if i have a third flash, i will use it with DIY grid to light the hair because i dont want to lose the shadows on the face. bringing the dark hair closer to the light level to fit in the narrow latitude of slides. i want as much contrast as i could. good point on slide latitude. never thought of it will apply in this way.

the model is free to move forward, backward, left or right. she has about 2m x 5m space between my left and right flash and Ivan's giant reflectors in front and the wall on the back. my manual flash power was set once throughout this setup. can't afford CLS and i was not shooting alone. i need to dodge all the friendly cross fire on the outside of the 2x5 area.

Dramatic is what i want. soft and safe is not my intention. i dont want uniform light from head to toe. in future, i would watch out for overexposure for white clothing and tried to light the dark parts like dark jeans and black hair.

Yes, good eyesight. it is different light ratios on photo but same flash intensity on both speedlights. the lightstand on camera left is minimum 1m and the lightstand (DIY tripod) on camera right goes lower. the jeans and boots were dark, i wanted to get details on the jeans. the singlet is white, dont need too much light. i need a smaller lightstand to flash lower, on par with the tripod minimum height.

The latitude of slides is pretty narrow, so if you want to capture more detail, either lower the lighting ratio or shoot on negatives (if you want to shoot on film). The other reason would be your low angle light is pretty near to the model, so the light fall-off is more dramatic; you're getting different lighting ratios for the head, torso legs, etc...

i did not "correct" the "oil" on the face because gaint reflectors were already in place to lit the face. how would you reduce the "oil" ? hair is all over the place because the wind machine is on the floor blowing upwards and it cant track the model's face. Everything is manual including the wind machine and my flash. i was not about to change setting everytime she changed position. maybe, it would be better to raise the tripod up and point the flash downwards to the jeans and shoes to reduce the shadows on the wall and facial line in #1. i used direct flash, can be too harsh for your perference.

face looks oily... hair running all over the place. Am not comfortable with the lighting leh.

#2 is problematic, the flash light up the jeans but overblown the arm. very troublesome. keep flash aim at knee level. i cant understand why right flash casted shadow on the wall and left flash did not. maybe it will be good to shoot a setup shot. i think it would be much easier to use brolly to light the hair at the lowest possible intensity.

These exposures are better because she stepped into the sweet spot.
i know the background is not perfectly symmetric. CC please.
70880003a.jpg

70880013a.jpg

70880014a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.