White and Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

redstone

camdenit3.jpg

its either ur title or ur picture.

they do not seems to be able to relate to one another.

i would rather call it an abstract of NLB. rather den blue and white.

its either the wrong title or the composition of the picture is giving a wrong impression ????

saturation is good thou... work on your composition further.

good effort in the technical aspects of exposure and colour controls.. :thumbsup:

glennyong said:
its either ur title or ur picture.

they do not seems to be able to relate to one another.

i would rather call it an abstract of NLB. rather den blue and white.

its either the wrong title or the composition of the picture is giving a wrong impression ????

saturation is good thou... work on your composition further.

good effort in the technical aspects of exposure and colour controls.. :thumbsup:

Yup true, couldn't think of a title at all. :(
Btw it's not Library;)

Thanks for your comments!

looks like Camden Medical Centre. I'm afraid the shot doesn't bring out the characteristic of the building, neither is it close enough to explore the details.

in my opinion...to "enhance" the power of this picture, u could zoom in further, or crop the image so that u see a smaller portion of the building. This helps us to focus more on the "special lines" outside the building.

at the moment, we see too much of the building and it tends to dilute the impact of the lines of the building.

its the lines tat makes the building stands out

kcuf2 said:
in my opinion...to "enhance" the power of this picture, u could zoom in further, or crop the image so that u see a smaller portion of the building. This helps us to focus more on the "special lines" outside the building.

at the moment, we see too much of the building and it tends to dilute the impact of the lines of the building.

its the lines tat makes the building stands out

that's a valid method, a wide frame will bring out the form and 'carve-out' spaces as well

redstone said:
I wanted to create curving movement, as if the panal halves of the building comes from two edges of photo and slides past each other in the middle.

do you think you've achieved that movement in the photo? btw on hindsight the title don't fit your aim.

It's simple, I like it!

My only caveats are that there are too many patterns in the scene. So even though I said this photo is simple, you have to make it simpler looking. Oh, and keep shooting!

I think in the portion of the building in the picture, the beauty is the curve lovers. However, from the shooting view, it's not very curve and is distracted by the facade.

I would suggest you shoot it either from a side to bring out the curvature of the louvers or from below like this but much closer so that the lines are clear (try to look for a position where the lines of different louvers match, if not, it would be another mess).

I think in the portion of the building in the picture, the beauty is the curve lovers. However, from the shooting view, it's not very curve and is distracted by the facade.

I would suggest you shoot it either from a side to bring out the curvature of the louvers or from below like this but much closer so that the lines are clear (try to look for a position where the lines of different louvers match, if not, it would be another mess).

For me, a good architectural photo would be one that reflects the architecture and its intentions, for this Richard Meier building, he plays with volumes and curves, setting planes in and out, yet revolving about the same tubular element.

With that said, you would be able to firstly work on the location that would best portray the feel of the building(which is not ideal in your shot IMO). There are several themes that you could use, one, the form, two, the qualities like purity which would reflect its clinical function, or any others which you might be able to decipher.

I find that the above photo would work well as a documention. I don't want to give you any directions, becuase photography is after all, your own.

Is this concourse located at beach rd??

Status
Not open for further replies.