Status
Not open for further replies.

saveDqueen

Jul 20, 2008
North
www.flickr.com
Whispers of love
2713201143_5a6a33c705.jpg

Hey mates, was walking around esplanade on a fine day. Saw this couple who are taking wedding shots near the Merlion, so took some photos of them without permission heh.

Was focusing on the Singapore Flyer and just nice the bride turn her head and whispered something, from my point of view it feels romantic and sweet, so i nailed it instead of the Flyer. Details and compo and wise im not very satisfied because of the slanted land view behind the subject.

Alright much said, was hoping for some crits on my compo and lighting wise, isit over-exposed? or not cropped enough? C & C welcomed, thanks!

yup thats the essence of photography - the fleeting moment, never to happen ever again ...

Technically, B&W conversion is OK - the high key background is good but tonality in the shadows a little flat, eg the man's suit.

Aesthetically the scaffoldings etc rather jarring and inconsistent with the mood, but well thats life, and that is also what photography is about.

So OK if you capturing reality, but not so OK if you are doing art .... ;)

Gd job for capturing the moment. But like wat i always remind myself and fail to do so, haha. Was to ensure the pic is always correctly exposed. Argh! Yes i know its hard to capture such moments in such spilt seconds. Compo wise i would zoom in further to the couple and put the BG into slight OOF. Going a lower angle might also work.

nice capture!
good timing.
and the construction seems to help the image tell the story more (to me)
it's like...
'dear, we will blah blah blah when the IR is done'
ok, maybe i think too much...
haha.
just my 2c.

Last edited:
I think she is say.. "Where's my diamond right huh?"

Sorry to OT but its really a 'moment' where everyone has a different interpretation...

Thanks for sharing.

It's those special moments shot so can't really say much about composition. Maybe lowering the exposure a bit might not over expose the bride's dress. In fact, I thought of an caption due to the composition, "Love will tilt the world".

moment? probably a yes.. but the background looks so washed out. makes the entire picture look very faded and weak somehow.

nice capture!
good timing.
and the construction seems to help the image tell the story more (to me)

Thank you, yea i love the background too!

Thanks for sharing.

No, i should be the one thanking you guys for having a look here =)

It's those special moments shot so can't really say much about composition. Maybe lowering the exposure a bit might not over expose the bride's dress. In fact, I thought of an caption due to the composition, "Love will tilt the world".

Yes "Love will tilt the world", but sometimes i don't wana overdo it instead a mild message would be enough, but thats a really good title from you! Thanks!

moment? probably a yes.. but the background looks so washed out. makes the entire picture look very faded and weak somehow.

Hmm i cant seem to do anything to bring out the background more, but i really hoped that i was standing more towards the left, which would capture the couple and the flyer making the couple occupying the space below the flyer at a 45degs, too bad the weather was hazy too.

Would try my best again! Thanks for all the replies!

yup thats the essence of photography - the fleeting moment, never to happen ever again ...

Technically, B&W conversion is OK - the high key background is good but tonality in the shadows a little flat, eg the man's suit.

Aesthetically the scaffoldings etc rather jarring and inconsistent with the mood, but well thats life, and that is also what photography is about.

So OK if you capturing reality, but not so OK if you are doing art .... ;)

Hi, how can i bring out the model in the picture more in a 3D way, was unsatisfied with it too. Yep, i really need to be more aware of my surroundings which i think wld be the only way to get better photos. Thanks dude for the pointers!

oh. nice! i like! good job!! go get a new cam. and we can go shooting tgt. lol. =p

Status
Not open for further replies.