While You Were Sleeping - Esplanade Tunnel 17 Aug - 20 Sep 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren_Soh

Dec 28, 2002
www.fullframephotos.com
While You Were Sleeping is finally making its first public showing @ The Esplanade Tunnel, from the 17th of August to the 20th of September.

Details are here:
WhileYouWereSleeping1.jpg

Dear all,

While You Were Sleeping - the book

will be available in the Esplanade Tunnel this Friday from 7pm to 9pm at an informal exhibition cum book launch and signing session at a special price of S$38.00.

Do drop by if you're in the area.

From next week, it will retail at The Esplanade Shop, Objectifs Centre for Photography and Filmmaking as well as Basheer Graphic Books @ Bras Basah Level 4 @ S$48.00.

Cheers

Darren

Darren_Soh said:
Dear all,

While You Were Sleeping - the book

will be available in the Esplanade Tunnel this Friday from 7pm to 9pm at an informal exhibition cum book launch and signing session at a special price of S$38.00.

Do drop by if you're in the area.

From next week, it will retail at The Esplanade Shop, Objectifs Centre for Photography and Filmmaking as well as Basheer Graphic Books @ Bras Basah Level 4 @ S$48.00.

Cheers

Darren

Hi Darren,

I tried looking for your book at The Esplanade Shop and Basheer Graphic Books today, but apparently, they do not have it. :(

Apologies to all who have tried to look for my book at Basheer Graphic Books and the Esplanade Shop in vain.

I have just gotten back from reservist training and will most definitely be checking on both Basheer and the Esplanade Shop for the availability of my book.

I am however very certain that there are readily available signed copies at Objectifs.

Once again, Objectifs is located at 12A Liang Seah Street and their contact is 63393068.

Apologies and Cheers

Darren

Looks really interesting, I love the shot that was used for the promo.

I'm in the states right now, so I'm assuming it would be rather hard to find a copy.

Apologies,

As very limited copies of the book were printed, there are no immediate plans for any significant international distribution so unfortunately, at this point in time, the only place to find my book would be in Singapore.

On other notes,
While You Were Sleeping is now also available at Riceball Photography Bookstore.

Riceball is located at
#04-17, The Adelphi
1 Coleman Street
Singapore 179803

and their contact number is +65-6-336-7076

Cheers

Darren

Hi Darren,

That is great. So, just to confirm, your book will now be available in The Esplanade Shop, Objectifs, Basheer Graphic Books and Riceball, these four places?

I will try to get it this weekend or so. Thanks.

Hi Francis,

That is right. For now, While You Were Sleeping will be available at those four locations. More info will be posted should they be made available in more places.

Cheers

Darren

Hi Darren,

Passed by the Esplanade Tunnel today. I love your pictures. You managed to instill interest in my friends who took time to appreciate your images. great stuff!

Timothy.

Hi Darren,

Finally managed to get your book (autographed copy) at the Esplanade Shop. :sweatsm: It is really good. I have been admiring those pictures since I gotten the book. :lovegrin: It is really nice. Got quite a few thoughts to share, hope that I don't sound too long-winded here.

First and foremost, I want congratulate you on the launch of your book. It is very good and well done, a very interesting piece of art. I must thank you for sharing this piece of wonderful work.

Those photos in the book are really captivating. Some of it just remind me of my secondary days where I always go fishing at Punggol End jetty.

Some of those shots transport me back to my NS days whereby I was attached out to those “ulu” places for night exercise.

Lastly, stillness of the night as projected in the pictures just invoke back the memories of my university days whereby I would rent a car after my exams and drive around parts of Singapore for almost the whole day. I still can remember those nights where I would drive till the next morning before heading back my hostel for a rest. Ever since I started working, I hardly have the time and energy to do that. :sweat:

I just miss that feeling to drive a car out in the night to explore Singapore while others are sleeping just to see and feel the other side of Singapore that not many have experienced.

With those thoughts aside, I like the way you portray the pictures, I can sense the stillness and quietness of night, it generate a feeling of tranquillity. Those effects of the stars movement are also very nicely done, it just adds to the atmosphere and setting.

I find that your work is very inspiring especially for someone like me who is new to photography. Good job, very well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.