Which would you compromise?

Which would you sacrific

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooEy

Feb 21, 2004
I was shooting at evening just now, so ran into this situation. Settings were 28mm@f4, 1/30 shutter speed, iso was 400. viewfinder show 1 stop underexposure.

Now the question come, which would you sacrific?

1)Turn the aperature ring to f/2.8, who cares about softness and light fall off.

2)Change the iso to 800(film/digital), i can't see any noise/grain anyway.

3)Dial the shutter speed to 1/15, shakes are for wimps, i got my super strong arm that can lift 500 kg.

~MooEy~

yeah... what were you shooting huh? why leave out such important details? must be up to no good... :bsmilie:

i think during these type of situations i try to see if i can bring a tripod along.. if cannot then i'd set iso to 800 if its for an action shot, aperture down to f2.8 if i have really boh pian, and for number 3, errr.... not many people can do that... hehe...

actually not up to any gd , secretly shooting cute girls. can't use flash nor tripod, must not be noticed.

~MooEy~

MooEy said:
actually not up to any gd , secretly shooting cute girls. can't use flash nor tripod, must not be noticed.

~MooEy~

In this case, 1 is the best choice in my point of view. Still can get good portraits with this ap setting.

hmm... leave the photos dark.... its can be edited in PS anyway, get a blur photo, with nice colours, and there goes ur photo. :bsmilie:

AT least that is my thinking lahz...

shoot RAW and edit the exposure in photoshop CS!!

i will switch to aperture priority and shoot at f3.2

OT:

yo witness dude, i just realised ur avatar look like <dao ming si> :D :bsmilie: :thumbsup:

usually I will set the fstop to 8-13 to have the DOF as well as the sharpness.

Seems to me all lenses doesn't work well when Wide opened. Even the most high end L series. They usually works best ard 8 and above.

I owned a 50mm 1.8. Even at shooting protrait i tried not to shoot at 1.8 cos I prefered the whole body to be sharp too...i shoot at ard 4.

Most likely up the ISO to 640 and shoot at f3.5, 1/30, depends on actual situation and subject, of course. Exposing for shadow detail will require even higher exposure.

clive said:
OT:

yo witness dude, i just realised ur avatar look like <dao ming si> :D :bsmilie: :thumbsup:

dao ming si that guy acting in 'Ocean of sea' mahz ? hahaha...

I would choose to increase the ISO and keep other settings at optimal. Alternatively, shoot at the same settings as you said, with 1 stop under, but shoot in raw format.

Status
Not open for further replies.