Which would make a good and light walk-about lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
$70 is for the 18mm lens?:bigeyes:
wat model would it be?since all the senior is talking about the manual focus lens,but i saw the infinity setting of focal length.wat is the relationship between infinity and manual focus?:dunno:

First of all, Congrats on you getting k20d. :bsmilie:

Yup, $70 only for 18mm lens. What's more... this special lens can zoom all the way to 55mm. The DA 18-55 comes in DA, DAL, and your DAL II version. ;)

Stick with the kit lens for now. And see what you can do with it, else you'll just end up with a gigantic collection of lenses and a very sad photo gallery.

Manual focus is how you focus the lens. Infinity is the one of the setting on the lens, together with aperture size - It's how you work the lens.

Set to infinity when you want to take photos beyond the focus range of the lens.

Next time, you can consider what type of lens will suit the photos you'll like to take. Either ultra wide or telephoto.

The logical step for you to take next is a normal prime lens - anything from 35-55mm is suitable. Aperture range would depend if you take more outdoor or indoor shots. Indoors, you want to look at the 1.4-2.8 range. Outdoors anything from 3.5 onwards. Hope this helps.

$70 is for the 18mm lens?:bigeyes:
wat model would it be?since all the senior is talking about the manual focus lens,but i saw the infinity setting of focal length.wat is the relationship between infinity and manual focus?:dunno:

18-55mm is the kit lens... cost 70 - 100 depending...

there is no relationship between infinity and manual focus... :bsmilie:

only relationship is between manaul and auto focus... and minimal focus distance, infinity and hyperfocal distance... if its sound too deep... just ignored it, its good to know, but not 100% necessary... learn to be creative and enjoy shooting is more important...:)

if its sound too deep... just ignored it, its good to know, but not 100% necessary... learn to be creative and enjoy shooting is more important...:)

Totally agree with you :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :bsmilie:

18-55mm is the kit lens... cost 70 - 100 depending...

there is no relationship between infinity and manual focus... :bsmilie:

only relationship is between manaul and auto focus... and minimal focus distance, infinity and hyperfocal distance... if its sound too deep... just ignored it, its good to know, but not 100% necessary... learn to be creative and enjoy shooting is more important...:)

my eyes:bigeyes:

will do some research for the hyperfocal

by the way,i like to take close up photo for flower etc and also nice scene photo,not really into telephoto for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.