Which webcam do you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

photobum

Deregistered
Apr 17, 2005
My 5-year Logitech Quickcam just quit on me. I used it mainly for Yahoo! Messenger and video conferencing with my old pals in the US.

Recently, I came across a 1.3MP CMOS webcam called Snappy Cam. I was quite impressed with its video image quality even at 1280x1024. This cam even has a namecard scanning capability. The only setback is it cannot be mounted on my Samsung LCD monitor. The Snappy Cam retailed at $69.

I am looking for image quality, not so much on what it can do. My budget is $200 or less. Which webcam do you recommend?

photobum said:
My 5-year Logitech Quickcam just quit on me. I used it mainly for Yahoo! Messenger and video conferencing with my old pals in the US.

Recently, I came across a 1.3MP CMOS webcam called Snappy Cam. I was quite impressed with its video image quality even at 1280x1024. This cam even has a namecard scanning capability. The only setback is it cannot be mounted on my Samsung LCD monitor. The Snappy Cam retailed at $69.

I am looking for image quality, not so much on what it can do. My budget is $200 or less. Which webcam do you recommend?

Where did you saw snappy cam ? Logitech, microsoft and creative manufacture good webcams. For video quality, you would need to look for high fps and resolution ??

for gd quality, i really like the one from sony, but exp
i think mid-range, stick with logitech for mid-range quality and pricing.

alwayschampion said:
Where did you saw snappy cam?
Many stores in SLS carry Snappy Cams. The main distributor is Thakral-DIT.

As a photographer for so many years, I can say its image quality is one of the best I have seen in a webcam. This is in terms of color renditioning and sharpness. If only I can mount it on my LCD monitor.

reno77 said:
CMOS webcams dont work well under low light conditions.
Not the Snappy Cam. I tried it again today. Works very well in low light. Found a place in Funan selling it for $45.

check out the creative new models, i think it is something ULTRA....i got the laptop model, amazed by the resolution and good in night time. and the best is wide angle so dun need to shift here and there. about $125.

Sjourn said:
check out the creative new models, i think it is something ULTRA....i got the laptop model...

I need to mount it on my Samsung LCD monitor.

photobum said:
I need to mount it on my Samsung LCD monitor.

I believe it can mount on your LCD screen. U can go check out from thier website.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.