Which VGA card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyberian

Mar 22, 2002
Singapore
gallery.clubsnap.com
Looking for a VGA card which can support 1920 x 1200 resolution. Any recomendation? Will be using it mainly for PS.

At this level of requirement, the determine factor would be your monitor. Any card above ATI Radeon 9600 Pro or Nvidia FX5700 will do.

:)

If you are serious about image quality and PS there really is no choice apart from Matrox as the video card of choice. A Parhelia with 256 MB of RAM is the ideal ticket for serious PS users at high resolution. Not cheap though.

Wai said:
make sure u use DVI Connection, anything above 1600 x 1200 and u will see the differnet when u use DVI
You got my vote here.

Ian said:
If you are serious about image quality and PS there really is no choice apart from Matrox as the video card of choice. A Parhelia with 256 MB of RAM is the ideal ticket for serious PS users at high resolution. Not cheap though.

Ya ... agree with Ian ... if you're not a gamer, then go for Matrox! ;)

if you don't game, as the guys here say, get ANY Matrox card for the best image quality in Photoshop.

however, if you want some 3D power, consider getting an ATi Radeon 9600XT which is on the cheap right now and is fast enough for the occasional game while its 2D image quality is above average.

Ya... Matrox is on top of my list. MATROX Parhelia is triple head, a dual head is good enought for me. Anyone know thr price for:

1. MATROX Parhelia 512 (128MB DDR) Triple Head/DVI+TV-out

2. MATROX Parhelia 512 (256MB DDR) Triple Head/DVI+TV-out

3. MATROX Millennium P750 (128MB DDR) Dual+Triple Head/DVI+TV-out
(hope this is good for PS)

Status
Not open for further replies.