Which version of Photoshop did you first use?

Which version of PS did you first use?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

willyfoo

Jan 18, 2002
North
willyfoo.com
Was just recalling how far photoshop has progressed and how it made life so much easier with each release...

I remember using Corel PhotoPaint in Windows 3.1 before Photoshop 3.0 became the defacto standard...

Does anybody know which version of photoshop introduced text layers?? That was a real gift ... :) Was it PS4??

Perhaps we can compile the key features that were introduced with each version..

* PS4
Text Layers?

* PS5

* PS6

* PS7

* PS-CS
Shadows/Highlights
Match Color

Did anybody even recall ver 1 or 2???
I don't think I've ever seen it...

Started with ver. 3. But till now, still do not know how to use all the advanced features :embrass:

If I still rem correctly, the History toolbar is introduced in Ver 6?

That will save us a bit of a problem with the amount of undo. :D

remember 1st time using it was back in '94...was either PS 3 or 4....wah...10 yrs ago liaoz...jialat...old liaoz... :bsmilie:

it was during my poly IA attachment at Singnet...heh...when its still at Comcentre....remember still don't have layers....wah...damn scary if made a mistake...har har

using psp instead of ps. lazy to do S-curve in ps as psp got S-curve+level built-in 1 screen

Willy, I think you miss out one version PS 5.5 which i learned all the functions 4 years ago. Now PS CS liao, time to learn something more especially I got my first digital camera ^_^

If i remember correctly, I started to use PS 4 when I am running Windows 98 with 8 MB ram. That time still run quite ok ^_^. Wah think of it already 10 year soon. :confused:

willyfoo said:
Does anybody know which version of photoshop introduced text layers?? That was a real gift ... :) Was it PS4??

Perhaps we can compile the key features that were introduced with each version..

* PS4
Text Layers?

* PS5

* PS6

* PS7

* PS-CS
Shadows/Highlights
Match Color

If I am not mistaken, these are the few 'new' features in PS7

File Browser
Healing brush
New paint engine
Art studio brushes
Pattern Maker
Liquify enhancements

chunger said:
Willy, I think you miss out one version PS 5.5 which i learned all the functions 4 years ago. Now PS CS liao, time to learn something more especially I got my first digital camera ^_^

If i remember correctly, I started to use PS 4 when I am running Windows 98 with 8 MB ram. That time still run quite ok ^_^. Wah think of it already 10 year soon. :confused:

I think there is also another 'basic' version known as Photoshop Elements right?

Watcher said:
Me ver 2.5 with Win32S :dunno: :bigeyes: :sweat:
Hmm.. seem to vaguely recall v2.5...
Think I used Corel Photopaint instead after trying 2.5 out..

hmm cant recall my 1st version i used.. but now i got 2 version.. 6 and CS no 7 thou.. :) so i voted for CS

i was talking to my juniors just now abt differences..

Ver2.5 . It was without layers. So once ur marquee is gone,that 'layer' is pasted into the background. And only x1 undo...:)

willyfoo said:
Did anybody even recall ver 1 or 2???
I don't think I've ever seen it...

Sure, only if you are on the Mac... Windows version starts from v3.0

Anyway, here's how version 1.07 looks like on my SE a few years back... actual screen shots.

ps107.png

P.S. The app is in one of the old ADC developer resource CDs from the 90s.

I started with Photoshop 7 and I am still using it, I do use the Gimp a little as well, Still yet to get my hands on Photoshop 8 (CS)

oeyvind said:
Sure, only if you are on the Mac... Windows version starts from v3.0

Anyway, here's how version 1.07 looks like on my SE a few years back... actual screen shots.

ps107.png

P.S. The app is in one of the old ADC developer resource CDs from the 90s.

WOW!!

That screenshot takes me back a few years... only it reminds me of my old Atari ST (which was the poor mans apple mac) - wonderful machine - Why have we been cursed with the PC (thanks IBM!! :( )

Status
Not open for further replies.