Which version of Photoshop did you first use?

Which version of PS did you first use?


Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

willyfoo

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
2,048
0
0
43
North
willyfoo.com
#1
Was just recalling how far photoshop has progressed and how it made life so much easier with each release...

I remember using Corel PhotoPaint in Windows 3.1 before Photoshop 3.0 became the defacto standard...
 

willyfoo

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
2,048
0
0
43
North
willyfoo.com
#2
Does anybody know which version of photoshop introduced text layers?? That was a real gift ... :) Was it PS4??

Perhaps we can compile the key features that were introduced with each version..

* PS4
Text Layers?

* PS5

* PS6

* PS7

* PS-CS
Shadows/Highlights
Match Color
 

PandaOng

New Member
May 14, 2004
910
0
0
InfraRedLand
#5
If I still rem correctly, the History toolbar is introduced in Ver 6?

That will save us a bit of a problem with the amount of undo. :D
 

kelster

New Member
Apr 25, 2003
1,057
0
0
41
Everywhere where e sun shines
Visit site
#7
remember 1st time using it was back in '94...was either PS 3 or 4....wah...10 yrs ago liaoz...jialat...old liaoz... :bsmilie:

it was during my poly IA attachment at Singnet...heh...when its still at Comcentre....remember still don't have layers....wah...damn scary if made a mistake...har har
 

chunger

New Member
Mar 12, 2004
683
0
0
Tampines
#9
Willy, I think you miss out one version PS 5.5 which i learned all the functions 4 years ago. Now PS CS liao, time to learn something more especially I got my first digital camera ^_^

If i remember correctly, I started to use PS 4 when I am running Windows 98 with 8 MB ram. That time still run quite ok ^_^. Wah think of it already 10 year soon. :confused:
 

ccplim

New Member
Jan 6, 2004
1,229
0
0
BN
www.avianwatchasia.org
#10
willyfoo said:
Does anybody know which version of photoshop introduced text layers?? That was a real gift ... :) Was it PS4??

Perhaps we can compile the key features that were introduced with each version..

* PS4
Text Layers?

* PS5

* PS6

* PS7

* PS-CS
Shadows/Highlights
Match Color
If I am not mistaken, these are the few 'new' features in PS7

File Browser
Healing brush
New paint engine
Art studio brushes
Pattern Maker
Liquify enhancements
 

ccplim

New Member
Jan 6, 2004
1,229
0
0
BN
www.avianwatchasia.org
#11
chunger said:
Willy, I think you miss out one version PS 5.5 which i learned all the functions 4 years ago. Now PS CS liao, time to learn something more especially I got my first digital camera ^_^

If i remember correctly, I started to use PS 4 when I am running Windows 98 with 8 MB ram. That time still run quite ok ^_^. Wah think of it already 10 year soon. :confused:
I think there is also another 'basic' version known as Photoshop Elements right?
 

starry

New Member
Mar 24, 2004
105
0
0
www.walrusblog.com
#14
hmm cant recall my 1st version i used.. but now i got 2 version.. 6 and CS no 7 thou.. :) so i voted for CS

i was talking to my juniors just now abt differences..
 

Aug 6, 2004
843
0
0
Sg
#15
Ver2.5 . It was without layers. So once ur marquee is gone,that 'layer' is pasted into the background. And only x1 undo...:)
 

oeyvind

Senior Member
Feb 25, 2002
3,828
1
38
www.oeyvind.org
#16
willyfoo said:
Did anybody even recall ver 1 or 2???
I don't think I've ever seen it...
Sure, only if you are on the Mac... Windows version starts from v3.0

Anyway, here's how version 1.07 looks like on my SE a few years back... actual screen shots.



P.S. The app is in one of the old ADC developer resource CDs from the 90s.
 

dewy

New Member
Aug 20, 2004
26
0
0
27
Australia
dewy.deviantart.com
#17
I started with Photoshop 7 and I am still using it, I do use the Gimp a little as well, Still yet to get my hands on Photoshop 8 (CS)
 

stroma

New Member
Feb 20, 2004
131
0
0
58
England
#20
oeyvind said:
Sure, only if you are on the Mac... Windows version starts from v3.0

Anyway, here's how version 1.07 looks like on my SE a few years back... actual screen shots.



P.S. The app is in one of the old ADC developer resource CDs from the 90s.
WOW!!

That screenshot takes me back a few years... only it reminds me of my old Atari ST (which was the poor mans apple mac) - wonderful machine - Why have we been cursed with the PC (thanks IBM!! :( )
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom