which u prefer?

your fav brand and why?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirkchua79

Jan 19, 2005
fav brand of tripod+head?

i like it cause it costed me 300 bucks and i don't have money to try other tripods
lol. ONLY ONE I HAVE

I have a Slik 340DX, but I can't say Gitzo isn't the best brand out there for tripods, which it is.

Manfrotto... sturdy and not so ex

How abt Feisol?

manfrotto

1. mid range affordable prices
2. solid build
3. good locking mechanism easy to use
4. does not copy designs wholesale from others
5. does not cheat customers with lousy materials

i think you will get better answer by asking "which is value for money", cos manfrotto is mostly the prefered one, but it is very ex.

i think you will get better answer by asking "which is value for money", cos manfrotto is mostly the prefered one, but it is very ex.

Eh? Manfrotto is pretty low end compared to brands like RRS, Markins, and Gitzo. As a head + leg combo I mean.

Eh? Manfrotto is pretty low end compared to brands like RRS, Markins, and Gitzo. As a head + leg combo I mean.

haha. duh.:bsmilie: but not inside TS choices. hmm, btw, gitzo is better than manfrotto? nv knew that. learnt something new.:)

for me i think brand doesnt really matter it is how cheap it is and is it stable anot thats wat concerns me preferably manfrotto would be good!

i am a cheapo photographer with not much budget
and not many heavy lenses, so don't need to find anything with too heavy setup
so far i like ppcp's tripod the best

after trying budget slik and benro models
feels a lot sturdier, good value for money, you get a lot more than what you bargain for, for the price :thumbsup:

Gitzo the best, forget the rest. :bsmilie:

for me i think brand doesnt really matter it is how cheap it is and is it stable anot thats wat concerns me preferably manfrotto would be good!

I think many professionals who shoot landscapes or wildlife a lot will tell you that when it comes to tripods, the relationship between price and performance is pretty linear ;)

But yeah, if you don't shoot in gale force winds or in swamps I suppose a Manfrotto 055 is pretty much all you'll need.

does markins sells tripod legs?

Don't think so. They are the winner when it comes to ballheads though. I'm not going to burn cash on incremental upgrades so the next step up will probably be a final solution of 055 + Markins M10, or if I happen to find a duffel bag filled with unmarked hundred dollar bills, a Gitzo mountaineer series legs.. plus the M10 or M20

Status
Not open for further replies.