which type of cf card you all use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
San Disk going at S$79 for 8GB Extreme III in the recently concluded SITEX exhibition

and how much??
Kingston and Transcend. Value for money performance with lifetime warranty compared to overpriced Sandisk 2 years warranty.

hmm if i'm not wrong, sandisk has been giving 5 yrs warranty for some time. and i think they have moved on to lifetime warranty.

anyway I'm using transcend 16gb 133x, more value for $$ to go for transcend =x

Sandisk Extreme III 4gb

what abt cf card reader??

I use 2 types of CF Cards...

1. Sandisk Extreme III
2. Kingston Ultimate

Both ok, although Sandisk is faster...

Card reader? I use some decent looking card reader purchased from Sim Lim Square...

Lexar 2Gb
Transcend 2Gb
Sandisk Ultra 4Gb

checked with vector magnetics....its 5 years warranty for CF and SD/SDHC. Only Kingston afaik so far is really Lifetime warranty.

checked with vector magnetics....its 5 years warranty for CF and SD/SDHC. Only Kingston afaik so far is really Lifetime warranty.

I didnt check with the agent or the vector magnetics which u mention, also didnt check the kingston warrenty status, its just a information which i see on website so i just post out... Maybe u r correct... But i dont think it matters a lot, or at least to me, 5 years is way more than enough..

Coz nowadays the camera and stuffs getting more and more pixels, while cards getting cheaper and cheaper.. Personally i dun use the 512mb SD card which i bought 4-5 years ago for almost 2 year, even if the 512mb card is spoilt, i think even buying a new 2gb card which cost ard $10 is better well spend than the transport fees, effort and time to repair the 512mb card... CF cards are slightly more expensive than SD cards, but prices are falling much also... I dont think anyone will use a card for a lifetime, or much ppl will use a card for 10 years..

Above is just my views... Im just trying to say 5 years warrenty is more than enough for cards, at least for me... :)

Sandisks Extreme 4, provided that you have a firewire port. If not go for extreme 3:)

Lifetime warranty of kingston is no good to me when I took shots at low temperature (around 5 degree) oven on their extreme line (which they claim can withstand up to freezing temperature, O degree celcius) and the content of the card is corrupted.
They just replace the card for me, but my pictures are gone!

So what good is that?
Sandisk is now my trusted choice, even when they only give warranty for 1 year.

Lifetime warranty of kingston is no good to me when I took shots at low temperature (around 5 degree) oven on their extreme line (which they claim can withstand up to freezing temperature, O degree celcius) and the content of the card is corrupted.
They just replace the card for me, but my pictures are gone!

So what good is that?
Sandisk is now my trusted choice, even when they only give warranty for 1 year.

So Sandisk is gonna replace your pictures?

I use Sandisk Ultra II 4GB cards and Sandisk extreme Card reader. I find this gives me the best price-performance. I don't shoot raw so my files are relatively small. However as there are a lot of images, I want to have a high transfer speed and this is where the extreme card reader comes in.

I use to use the low end Kingston and el-cheapo card reader. Performance improved significantly after the upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.