Which tripod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vincent

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
Can someone tell me if you were me... which tripod and head would you get if
you are using a D30 (70-200L, 50 1.4 and 17-35L)?

Name me a few brands and models... thank you.

Sorry. Can't answer u that question. But would like to know what kind of tripod is suitable for G2?

After posting the message, I actually to work... then sneaked to CP during a 30mins break... talked to Chris working at CP... he told me to get the Gitzo Carbon, around $400+ plus the head... "DON't Know which head to get"! My budget for tripod and head mount was not suppose to exceed $400...

Anyway... I left the shop empty handed as my credit card didn't go thru... so, put a $200 deposit, went back to work....

2 hours later... called Andrew then Simon... and after listening to what Simon have to say about the Manfotto...

NOW, I am a owner of the 550 Manfotto and 468RC head... left it at my new house... going over to try ... the tripod was $200 and the head was $287.

cheers!

Originally posted by vincent
After posting the message, I actually to work... then sneaked to CP during a 30mins break... talked to Chris working at CP... he told me to get the Gitzo Carbon, around $400+ plus the head... "DON't Know which head to get"! My budget for tripod and head mount was not suppose to exceed $400...

Anyway... I left the shop empty handed as my credit card didn't go thru... so, put a $200 deposit, went back to work....

2 hours later... called Andrew then Simon... and after listening to what Simon have to say about the Manfotto...

NOW, I am a owner of the 550 Manfotto and 468RC head... left it at my new house... going over to try ... the tripod was $200 and the head was $287.

cheers!

hmmm...in the end you still exceeded $400

btw, the Gitzo Carbon is it carbon fibre tripod??? cannoy be so cheap rite...$400+ with head??

Originally posted by kamwai

hmmm...in the end you still exceeded $400

btw, the Gitzo Carbon is it carbon fibre tripod??? cannoy be so cheap rite...$400+ with head??

Without head is $400++... cannot remember the price now...

Originally posted by kamwai

i tot the carbon fibre series cost as much as $1k?
Not necessarily. The carbon fibre Explorer series G2228 (with lateral arm) costs $560 at the moment. ;)

Originally posted by Edmund
Not necessarily. The carbon fibre Explorer series G2228 (with lateral arm) costs $560 at the moment. ;)

Yar yar... I remember now... G2228 is the one that Chris recommended me... I think Ninelives has the G2220... exactly the same only that the latter is of different material.

Originally posted by vincent

Yar yar... I remember now... G2228 is the one that Chris recommended me... I think Ninelives has the G2220... exactly the same only that the latter is of different material.
correction : i am using g1220.

;)

The Gitzo Explorer series all have lateral arms instead of centre columns and are greatly suited for getting to your subject at the weirdest angles. The one that ninelives is using has a centre column. :)

where to get more detail info on the Gitzo carbon fibre Explorer series G2228 ? cannot find it at their site gitzo.com ...

Originally posted by megaweb
where to get more detail info on the Gitzo carbon fibre Explorer series G2228 ? cannot find it at their site gitzo.com ...
There you are:
Explorer Series
Gitzo G2228

Their distributor, Bogen Photo seems to have more details than the Gitzo site itself, not quite sure why...

There you are:
Explorer Series
Gitzo G2228

Their distributor, Bogen Photo seems to have more details than the Gitzo site itself, not quite sure why...

Thanks Edmund .... me interested to get 1 of these ...

which 1 do u think is worth to get ... budget is < $600 ... do not need the centre pc .. I can reuse my current Gitzo 126 one ...

Thanks Edmund .... me interested to get 1 of these ...

which 1 do u think is worth to get ... budget is < $600 ... do not need the centre pc .. I can reuse my current Gitzo 126 one ...
If you are referring to the 3 tripods listed in the Explorer series, the G2228 is a good buy at the moment since Cathay is still having a promotional price of S$560 for it.

Needless to say, the G2227 would provide more stablility but it doesn't collaspe as short (if this is a concern to you) and I do not think it is available (at least not at Cathay who is the main distributor here) nor on offer now.

The G2220 is a good buy if you are looking to minimise costs and do not care for the benefits of Carbon Fibre. ;)

If you are referring to the 3 tripods listed in the Explorer series, the G2228 is a good buy at the moment since Cathay is still having a promotional price of S$560 for it.

Needless to say, the G2227 would provide more stablility but it doesn't collaspe as short (if this is a concern to you) and I do not think it is available (at least not at Cathay who is the main distributor here) nor on offer now.

The G2220 is a good buy if you are looking to minimise costs and do not care for the benefits of Carbon Fibre. ;)

Thanks Edmund again ...

I will check out the G2888 model ...

Thanks Edmund again ...

I will check out the G2888 model ...
Errmm... hate to disappoint u with the numbers but... its G2228 .. :p

Errmm... hate to disappoint u with the numbers but... its G2228 .. :p

ha ! :bsmilie: ok ... G2228 ... type too fast .. ;p

wanna try my G320.......damn heavy.......i recommend it if you have the body like mine...hehehehehheheh.........

Status
Not open for further replies.