which tripod to get pls ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flightspeed

Feb 26, 2006
Hi guys n gals

I m new to this hobby n i have just recently got hold of a nikon 5700 model camera . Wat kinds of tripods can i get if i m not gonna carry it around ? This tripod will remain in 1 position ( in front of fish tank ) most of the time with the camera mounted on top .

I went to best denki tampines n they sell it abt $58 ( steinhesser ) or something? Would that be sufficient ? The tripod extends up to my ht abt 1.7 m .

Any advice where i can get one or places with a wider selection ? I work near telepark so would appreciate ur kind advice on where to get one ard this area .

thanks in advance

wheres B&S pls ?

Get any tripod about S$30 will meet your needs...:)

slik sprint pro gm looks good for your kind of camera...in fact that kind of camera looks better on it than my FZ5...kekeke.

can i recommend a camera clamp? :think:

thanks for all the tips !!

unfortunately i went to best denki to buy the steinhesser . Brot it back home , setup etc but the tripod's mechanism isnt that smooth :( tryin to take pics of my fish ... when it swims n i try to folow it , the whole tripod also can move along due to the friction .

Can i oil it ? Singer oil can ?

flightspeed said:
thanks for all the tips !!

unfortunately i went to best denki to buy the steinhesser . Brot it back home , setup etc but the tripod's mechanism isnt that smooth :( tryin to take pics of my fish ... when it swims n i try to folow it , the whole tripod also can move along due to the friction .

Can i oil it ? Singer oil can ?

Some light grease may do the trick.

vaseline oso can & it doesn't drip. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.