Which tripod/monopod to get for beginner

autumnbrazzer

Jan 2, 2011
Which tripod/monopod should i get for my m34 Panasonic GF1? Tripod or Monopod is better? Price range is below $100. Need your recommendations. Thanks

My suggest is not to buy cheap tripod. Just buy a good tripod as its a good investment.

Fanicer 6662A is a good and cheap one, do check that out.

Which tripod/monopod should i get for my m34 Panasonic GF1? Tripod or Monopod is better? Price range is below $100. Need your recommendations. Thanks

Do you even know what's the differences between a tripod and a monopod?Anyway the Fancier FT-6662A is a good option for your budget...

i think the gorillapod would be a good choice as it would be very portable for me. How much is the gorillapod? Im new to camera so asking newbie questions

Try checking with CP. Depending on your needs, you may wanna check out cleonbus snr's recommendation too since it's around your budget.

Gorillapod ($56) Vs Fancier FT-6662A ($68) what would ur choose?

Gorillapod ($56) Vs Fancier FT-6662A ($68) what would ur choose?

Totally different purposes. I would take a gorillapod for travel, AND get a good tripod.

FYI, there really is no "beginner tripod". I would suggest you spend an extra $100 and get a good sirui. It will last you much longer and you won't need to keep upgrading.

Im new to camera so asking newbie questions

Even if you're a camera newbie, you should be able to put on a pair of shoes and walk around Funan, or pick up a phone and call the shops listed in the priceguides.

i suggest increasing the budget a little and get a ballhead/tripod setup that will last u a long time. They are not something that needs changing every now and then unlike camera bodies/lenses etc..

My tripod/ballhead is still working fine and serving all my needs since the day i bought them as a newbie.

There are much recommendations given by the folks above. :)

Happy shopping!

Ryan

giantcanopy said:
i suggest increasing the budget a little and get a ballhead/tripod setup that will last u a long time. They are not something that needs changing every now and then unlike camera bodies/lenses etc..

My tripod/ballhead is still working fine and serving all my needs since the day i bought them as a newbie.

There are much recommendations given by the folks above. :)

Happy shopping!

Ryan

Ryan, think if you just shoot non water things all the time a basic Sirui will do and it will def last a while. The fancier should be fine too legs wise. Just not sure abt the head :)

Ryan, think if you just shoot non water things all the time a basic Sirui will do and it will def last a while. The fancier should be fine too legs wise. Just not sure abt the head :)

fancier/sirui can go swimming?:bsmilie:

Whichever tripod you get in the end, you may also need to get the DMW-TA1 tripod adaptor, depending on the lenses you use. Here's more info.

ismokeweed79 said:
Fanicer 6662A is a good and cheap one, do check that out.

Agreed. Having chance chat with a photo shop boss, he is having D70 & D80, using this tripod 6663 model with no problem. Solid & quality. Any idea where to get in Singpore? He bought from HK

Agreed. Having chance chat with a photo shop boss, he is having D70 & D80, using this tripod 6663 model with no problem. Solid & quality. Any idea where to get in Singpore? He bought from HK

Check out the Mass Sales section, I saw sgcamerastore selling the Fancier, not sure if they have the models you want.

Last edited:
If you are to stay in photography for awhile, suggest you get a slightly better tripod, Sirui is one I would recommend. When you mentioned tripod, not sure if are also think of getting a ballhead. Below are tripod and tripod+ballhead set that are around your budget.

T-1004X
Alu Traveller with Bag
$100.00

R-1004
Alu Tripod with Bag
$70.00

Tripod (Alu) with ballhead

T-1004X + G10
Alu Traveller with
G10 Ballhead & Bag
$160.00

R-1004 + G10
Alu Tripod with
G10 Ballhead & Bag
$120.00

Last edited:
What about jusino tripod...? Is it ok...?