Which tripod do you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

behyx

Jun 15, 2002
SG
www.danielbeh.com
i am a beginner to photography and how much is 1 good and sturdy stand cost? i am on a very tight budget, so it must be cheap.

i dun want my cam to topple down onto the floor easily... hehehe!

Adam Goi

ClubSNAP Idol
Staff member
Originally posted by behyx
i am a beginner to photography and how much is 1 good and sturdy stand cost? i am on a very tight budget, so it must be cheap.

i dun want my cam to topple down onto the floor easily... hehehe!
How 'tight' is your budget? Can you be more specific? Which camera are you using?

behyx

Jun 15, 2002
SG
www.danielbeh.com
Originally posted by AdamGoi

How 'tight' is your budget? Can you be more specific? Which camera are you using?
Minolta X-700 film SLR

tight means less than $50.. if best is lesser than $30.. (but is there such price??)

mpenza

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.instagram.com
I could sell you one of my Takara for $30.

You could get the Slik U6600 if it's tall enough for your height. costs around $40-50. For tripods, try to get one such that you don't have to stoop down to take pics.

behyx

Jun 15, 2002
SG
www.danielbeh.com
Originally posted by mpenza
I could sell you one of my Takara for $30.

You could get the Slik U6600 if it's tall enough for your height. costs around $40-50. For tripods, try to get one such that you don't have to stoop down to take pics.
can you give me the exact model of your takara?

it's sturdy rite?? hehe...

and i'm around 172 - 175cm in height.. which one suits me better huh?

M

Midnight

For your budget, I would definitely suggest that you take a look at the Slik U6600, U8000 and U9000 tripods. These are more around the S$50 price level (may be slightly more than that, even), but they are excellent tripods (I daresay the best available) for that price category. The Slik tripods also have the advantage of being very lightweight, although some will undoubtedly say that this is more of a disadvantage :D.

M

Midnight

so where can i find those Slik tripods cheaply?
Try CP and AP. Email them for e-quotes so that you'll have an idea of their best prices, though you may still be able to bargain the prices down a little if you try hard enough.

mpenza

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.instagram.com

so where can i find those Slik tripods cheaply?
You can try MS Color too. I got the U6600 for $45 with the Slik bag. You might be able to bargain down to $40.

For U8000, it's ~$55 and U9000 around $65.

behyx

Jun 15, 2002
SG
www.danielbeh.com
Originally posted by mpenza

You can try MS Color too. I got the U6600 for $45 with the Slik bag. You might be able to bargain down to $40.

For U8000, it's ~$55 and U9000 around $65.
pardon me for my ignorance.. but where is MS Color?
i think i'll pop down and take a look.. if the U8000 looks good and justify the extra $10, i'll get that..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom