Which Traveller Tripod + BallHead?

donchua

Nov 30, 2004
Tampines
I am looking for a traveller tripod with ball head.
Prefer folded length to be under 40cm with ball head & price around $200 or less..
Total weight around 1.2kg. Max supported weight around 2kg will do..
Any brand/model to go for?
Thanks.

I've been carrying a Sirui 1005X with G10 ballhead, pretty handy stuff. Theres some stuff on forums abt it. 1004 is 4 section, 1005 is 5 section. still pretty stable with my D90 and 18-200 lens.

I've been carrying a Sirui 1005X with G10 ballhead, pretty handy stuff. Theres some stuff on forums abt it. 1004 is 4 section, 1005 is 5 section. still pretty stable with my D90 and 18-200 lens.

The 1005 sound good.. Where can I get it with the ball head & price?

I am looking for a traveller tripod with ball head.
Prefer folded length to be under 40cm with ball head & price around $200 or less..
Total weight around 1.2kg. Max supported weight around 2kg will do..
Any brand/model to go for?
Thanks.
I’m using a 4-section Slik CF 634 Legs paired with a Manfrotto 494 RC2 BallHead. Exactly 1.2kg, and can support up to 4kg! :) The other good thing about it, is it’s almost near eye level WITHOUT centre column raised.

The manny head is heavy though, about 350kg, if you get a lighter Slik head it’ll be even lighter.

293(Cathay Photo disc) + 90 for the ball head.

I will be getting the Siru T-1005X with the G10 ball head.
Need to know the folded length with ball head is at 34cm or
40cm? Also total weight with the ball head is at 1.3kg?
Anybody can advise? Tks.

Tks but I saw the spec got 400mm n 340mm for folded n I confused which is the correct length..
If 400mm + 88mm ball head, 488mm will be too long to put into my bag..

Because T series can back fold the tripod, meaning the Ball head will be inbetween the legs when folded. So the shorter length you saw is 34cm. (meaning just legs will be visible) You will need to reverse fold the legs to start using, good for packing up and go, but quite troublesome when you are shooting on tripod AND moving.

For the 40cm one is when the ball head is exposed. This one allows you to setup the tripod faster as you do not have to reverse fold the tripod to use.

I got a T1004X does the same thing as well (just longer). Hope this helps

SkyStrike said:
Because T series can back fold the tripod, meaning the Ball head will be inbetween the legs when folded. So the shorter length you saw is 34cm. (meaning just legs will be visible) You will need to reverse fold the legs to start using, good for packing up and go, but quite troublesome when you are shooting on tripod AND moving.

For the 40cm one is when the ball head is exposed. This one allows you to setup the tripod faster as you do not have to reverse fold the tripod to use.

I got a T1004X does the same thing as well (just longer). Hope this helps

I just check with TK n yes, 34cm with reverse center column. 40cm without the center column reverse n + additional 8.8cm for G10, so will be 48.8cm.