Which third party brands of lens to buy?

whyekuen

Jan 9, 2010
Hi,

Would like to know wat r the best recommended third party brands of lens to purchase for my D90? I'm looking at a UWA. Budget abt $500-$600.

Thanks alot.:):)

whyekuen said:
Hi,

Would like to know wat r the best recommended third party brands of lens to purchase for my D90? I'm looking at a UWA. Budget abt $500-$600.

Thanks alot.:):)

For that budget, maybe the Sigma 10-20?

Tamaron 11/16 f/2.8 is a great piece of work- but, I suspect a shade above your proposed budget.

Alok

I think he mean tokina 11-16 F2.8..

Both starts with "T" maybe he mixed up ~

For Tamron version should be

- 11-18mm F/4.5-5.6
- 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5

instead.

With this budget only Tamron 10-24mm and the most lightweight & cheaper among all UWA zoom lens.

well 12-24 tokina well be just nice in the budget.
i would recommend tokina more than other simply because of the lens build
internal focusing and zooming !!

My bad. It is tikona and not tamaron.

(moral of the story #1: partying and posting do not mix, however simple it may seem)
(#2: avoid posting on weekends, when the probability of partying is higher.)

Alok

My bad. It is tikona and not tamaron.

(moral of the story #1: partying and posting do not mix, however simple it may seem)
(#2: avoid posting on weekends, when the probability of partying is higher.)

Alok

Its Tokina, not tikona and Tamron, not tamaron.

Its Tokina, not tikona and Tamron, not tamaron.

Moral of the story#1 Check your spelling before clicking the 'post reply' button

Moral of the story#2 Posting wrong info and then give excuses follow by another post with spelling mistakes is not cool!

Sorry, can't help it :)

12-24 is better. More flexible for the zoom range. 11-16 is almost like a prime.

with your Budget I think u can consider Sigma 10-22? the variable aperture version (not the fixed f3.5 version as that cost S$1K +-)