Which temples

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hosea

Apr 20, 2004
Singapore
www.stanleykay.com
Vesak Day is approaching, Just wonder which temples do have lot of praying activities for shooting

Care to share the
What to look for:
Thank You

Hosea said:
Vesak Day is approaching, Just wonder which temples do have lot of praying activities for shooting

Care to share the
What to look for:
Thank You

i know that on Vesak Day, the thai temple over at p.ubin will be celebrating and will be asking donations as they are asked to shift to mainland in the near future.

jesser said:
i know that on Vesak Day, the thai temple over at p.ubin will be celebrating and will be asking donations as they are asked to shift to mainland in the near future.
Thanks Jesser, hmm..hope the temple is nice .How about the "Four-horse road" temple. Direct translation :bsmilie: I went once but was not allow to take photos.

You can try:

1. Buddhist Temple at Race Course Road. This is located nearer Balestier Road end.

2. Temple at Kim Yian Road, off River Valley Road. Road directly opposite the Automobile Association (AA) Building. Just about 100m from the junction.

3. Thai temple along Still Road, road parallel to Changi Road just before Geyland Road. Access by MRT is possible, get off at Eunos Stn. (may be wrong, but it's around there). You should be able to see the temple from the Stn. Every year on Vesak Day, lots of activities there.

"Four Horse Road" will be very crowded. Activities there would be because it's the 15th. day of the Chinese calendar, not because of Vesak Day.

teerex said:
You can try:

1. Buddhist Temple at Race Course Road. This is located nearer Balestier Road end.

2. Temple at Kim Yian Road, off River Valley Road. Road directly opposite the Automobile Association (AA) Building. Just about 100m from the junction.

3. Thai temple along Still Road, road parallel to Changi Road just before Geyland Road. Access by MRT is possible, get off at Eunos Stn. (may be wrong, but it's around there). You should be able to see the temple from the Stn. Every year on Vesak Day, lots of activities there.

"Four Horse Road" will be very crowded. Activities there would be because it's the 15th. day of the Chinese calendar, not because of Vesak Day.

Thanks Teerex,
I am interested in #3, will try to see if I can find this temple. Didnt realize there is a temple in this area.

Try Bright Hill Temple. Last Sat they had the candle light. On Vesak day be there by 5am, there will be a 3-step-1-bow poccession. Last till about 8am. Towards the end of the walk, there is a monk throwing Holy Water. And many other activities.

In the good old days (something like 10 years ago) they have 2nd round of candle lights the night before. Not sure now.

Good place to practice human subject. A lot of old folks in black/brown gowns taking part in the poccession.

Pro-New said:
Try Bright Hill Temple. Last Sat they had the candle light. On Vesak day be there by 5am, there will be a 3-step-1-bow poccession. Last till about 8am. Towards the end of the walk, there is a monk throwing Holy Water. And many other activities.

In the good old days (something like 10 years ago) they have 2nd round of candle lights the night before. Not sure now.

Good place to practice human subject. A lot of old folks in black/brown gowns taking part in the poccession.

Thanks Pro-New, this is really another good location.
Any idea roughlywhat time would be the praying procession ( day or night) and mind to share how to go there by public transport, think it is near Bishan, right? :dunno:

Hosea said:
Thanks Pro-New, this is really another good location.
Any idea roughlywhat time would be the praying procession ( day or night) and mind to share how to go there by public transport, think it is near Bishan, right? :dunno:
think they started the preperation before u got bus to go there, u might wanna dawn there

ask for permission to take photos b4 u take, some temples may not like it

The procession starts around 5am. But its a long long walk for devotees. Pocession ends around 8am. Best is to go there b4 7am to get some early sunlight. After that stay on for other activities.

Photography here is ok. Just the usual thing, be sensitive to devotees praying.

Buses: Sin Ming Dr 130, 605, Sin Ming Road 130, 130A

quekky said:
think they started the preperation before u got bus to go there, u might wanna dawn there

ask for permission to take photos b4 u take, some temples may not like it

Thanks quek.. but really dont know who to ask in the temple,
But I will stop if they didnt allow. Think outside the temple should be ok.
Actually just wonder why they dont allow, we took so many when we go oversea like Thai, Myanmar & Japan.

Pro-New said:
The procession starts around 5am. But its a long long walk for devotees. Pocession ends around 8am. Best is to go there b4 7am to get some early sunlight. After that stay on for other activities.

Photography here is ok. Just the usual thing, be sensitive to devotees praying.

Buses: Sin Ming Dr 130, 605, Sin Ming Road 130, 130A

wow this really too early. Will be late out the night before :confused:
Anyway thanks for the direction.

Hosea said:
Thanks quek.. but really dont know who to ask in the temple,
But I will stop if they didnt allow. Think outside the temple should be ok.
Actually just wonder why they dont allow, we took so many when we go oversea like Thai, Myanmar & Japan.
not sure why. me and my friends were trying to take some pics from outside of a temple on sunday when someone from the temple approached us and ask us questions like where we from, take for what, etc., and even took down my friend's particulars to report to their comminitee :dunno:

quekky said:
not sure why. me and my friends were trying to take some pics from outside of a temple on sunday when someone from the temple approached us and ask us questions like where we from, take for what, etc., and even took down my friend's particulars to report to their comminitee :dunno:
Wow :bigeyes: wow :bigeyes: too much to take particulars.
Did your friend gave?

We are just mere casual photographer and thought they "pray pray" type should be more understanding and caring and dont "play play" with us leh.
:think:

Just curious ,which temple? hope not to bump into this temple.

Probably some body who doesn't know better. Or did you happen to run into some secret cult???

So many of you going to Bright Hill Temple that day? The temple at Kim Yan road is ok with Photogs as I was there last year... we were literally crawling all over the place!!!! Hehe! I think they have their activities on the night before Vesak Day./

Silverelf said:
Probably some body who doesn't know better. Or did you happen to run into some secret cult???

So many of you going to Bright Hill Temple that day? The temple at Kim Yan road is ok with Photogs as I was there last year... we were literally crawling all over the place!!!! Hehe! I think they have their activities on the night before Vesak Day./
Hi Bright hill temple ok for photo taking??

West_ray said:
hey u going too ?? wat time will u be there?
Tempting... considering I live 4 bus stops away only... :think:

West_ray said:
hey u going too ?? wat time will u be there?
:confused: couldnt go tonight. Heard the best is tonight coz the procession is on till early morning next day.

gremlin said:
heh.. me tempted too.. :think:

Hey you guys are just so near,
Go go, and take some photojournalist shots tonight.
Hope to see some shots posted here tonight .
:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.