Which Tamron lens to buy

Alphen

Aug 15, 2008
Pasir Ris
www.alphen26.multiply.com
Hi,

I'm considering which lens 17-50mm F/2.8 lens to buy, with VC or without. Does the VC that important for this lens? Without the VC, will it be difficult to use it hand held in low lighting?

Thanx!

If budget permits, get VC as its allows one to shoot at slower shutter speed, use lower ISO to obtain cleaner image and option to play slow sync flash option with use of tripod.

Well, with VC, you can go as low as 1/5s, according to some CSers. I can only get to 1/13s at 17mm with acceptable results on my non-VC Tamron.

I've heard that the non-VC autofocuses slightly faster? This true?

i've been using my non-vc for some time and have been getting decent results.. motion unsharpness is more likely due to practice and situation/circumstances.

there is significant distortion at 17mm in tight spaces.. but other than that, once u get used to its few idiosyncrasies, this is a very decent indoor lens.. and outdoor if necessary..

well if u can afford the VC one, its better i guess. but 50mm being the longest, i dont think u'll really miss VC that badly.. just my opinion..

Save the $$$ and go for the non vc. Its a great lens

iirc, the VC model offer several improvements over the non-VC model, not just the addition of VC.

iirc, the VC model offer several improvements over the non-VC model, not just the addition of VC.

May I know what the improvements are?