Which studio kit better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrailsofLife

Jul 6, 2004
Singapore
Looking into setting up a home studio for product and maybe use it for some portraits in customer's home. Budget will be coming from my next shoot assignment, so very tight.

Found this brand call Excella http://page.auctions.yahoo.com/sg/auction/93952328 which is 2 X 300W
and also the East gear one which is 3X180W. The price difference is about $100.

Anyone heard of the 300W's brand? How's the East Gear one. anyone can review it? Abit worried when comes to China-made stuff.

Which one is better? Please advice.

Thankamillion!
Max 2.8

Wah...My budget can only buy 1 flash only...cannot lah...budget tight...dun make alot from wedding shoot you know.

How come I can't find any JinBei-East Gear studio kit review here? Thought a lot of people bought it? No one dare to review? Is it bad?

JinBei-East Gear studio kit currently out of stock. :mad2:

why not try the studio lightings from akira? same price somemore....not sure about the kind of setup you need..but I am getting this one though..:)

Max 2.8 said:
Looking into setting up a home studio for product and maybe use it for some portraits in customer's home. Budget will be coming from my next shoot assignment, so very tight.

Found this brand call Excella http://page.auctions.yahoo.com/sg/auction/93952328 which is 2 X 300W
and also the East gear one which is 3X180W. The price difference is about $100.

Anyone heard of the 300W's brand? How's the East Gear one. anyone can review it? Abit worried when comes to China-made stuff.

Which one is better? Please advice.

Thankamillion!
Max 2.8

Yeah my studio uses Excella, actually it's my studio which is selling the light you see on the yahoo auctions page.

I leave it to you to decide which one is more worth it, but Excella (sister brand of electra) is made in Thailand (so is the D70.. haha)...

Here's a picture of the more expensive range of Excella lights in action.. the smaller one at the back is the Casa, the other two are Prismas...

studiosetup.jpg

Hi,

I am going shoot mostly product for the lights I am going to buy. But May need to bring out for outdoor shoot, if requested.

I have doubt with Jinbei lights...because 180W seriously is too low...

Dunno enough or not.

Max 2.8 said:
Hi,

I am going shoot mostly product for the lights I am going to buy. But May need to bring out for outdoor shoot, if requested.

I have doubt with Jinbei lights...because 180W seriously is too low...

Dunno enough or not.

Do what we do... run the lights on a UPS when we bring outdoors... works fine so far... just don't expect to run the modelling lamp.. heck most if not all portable systems don't run the modelling lamp when on batteries...

If you want can always come down to my studio to test out the lights for yourself before committing.. PM me if you interested...

Can you PM me a quotation for a basic set up? 3 lights, 2 softbox, 1 snoot or honeycomb. Stands also
If you read my first post, you know my budget not very happening hor:sweat:

What's a UPS anyway?

enivre said:
Do what we do... run the lights on a UPS when we bring outdoors... works fine so far... just don't expect to run the modelling lamp.. heck most if not all portable systems don't run the modelling lamp when on batteries...

If you want can always come down to my studio to test out the lights for yourself before committing.. PM me if you interested...
Which capacity of UPS are you using and how many flashes per full charge ?

Status
Not open for further replies.