Which store offers good customer service and also a good selection of tripods?

albertsy2

Jul 22, 2009
Which store offers good customer service and also a good selection of tripods? I am looking for a light tripod and a ballhead.

snowc

Jan 8, 2006
I usually go toTK Foto at Funan Centre. They have a good range of tripods too.
I vote for tk foto too. got my sirui tripod from them and quite happy with their after-sale services.

MatCh

Aug 2, 2007
i'm looking around for a tripod recently too.
was looking around at TK a while back, but experience wasn't good as compared to others.
maybe i suay or something

rhino123

Staff member
Sep 1, 2006
NA
I normally go to TK foto and Cathay Photo. Can't go wrong with this two shops.

albertsy2

Jul 22, 2009
Thanks, guys, for the feedback. I will look for these shops...

daredevil123

Staff member
Oct 25, 2005
lil red dot
Good customer service means different things to different people.

Some like sales staff to keep recommending stuff. Some prefer not to be disturbed while browsing and only get help when asking for it. So it really depends on what you are looking for.

As for selection, TK Foto, Cathay, K13, Orient Photo are quite good.

SkyStrike

Staff member
Nov 29, 2010
Somewhere
I recommend TK too..Go to their shop during weekdays and their staffs can tend to you better as you can ask alot of questions abt those products if you are unsure. There are too much crowd during weekend and you may not get the chance to ask many questions and try the tripod as freely as weekdays.

NikF601

Jul 26, 2010
CCK
Just got K20x ballhead last Sunday afternoon from tk.. He live demo to me at least 3 times to show the different from G20 using the tripod. To me, is good service..

kei1309

Apr 12, 2010
Earth
www.facebook.com
Good customer service means different things to different people.

Some like sales staff to keep recommending stuff. Some prefer not to be disturbed while browsing and only get help when asking for it. So it really depends on what you are looking for.

As for selection, TK Foto, Cathay, K13, Orient Photo are quite good.
yup. good service also depends on how you interact with the sales staff.

last week, i was out with another bro to check out the ND Pro 10 from Hitech at TK Foto.

while the box of filters was on the counter and the salesman was unwrapping the filters for me, another customer came (and uncle who also wanted to buy the filter) and started rummaging through the box for what he wanted, messing up the different filters in the box and throwing those he didn't want on the counter top. then he walked off and looked around the shop when he realized the salesman wasn't talking to him.

the salesman was pissed by what the uncle did, and which took place less in than 30 seconds and started scolding the uncle while arranging back the filters and counting them. so it's relative to how you treat the salesperson first.

Tucksoon

Dec 15, 2003
Just look humble and friendly in whatever shop and you are likely to get good service :)

daredevil123

Staff member
Oct 25, 2005
lil red dot
Tucksoon said:
Just look humble and friendly in whatever shop and you are likely to get good service :)
Not really true. You can try being humble and friendly in stores like worldwide camera and see where that will get you. ;p

Top Bottom