Which Software to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

megkris

Jun 12, 2004
East/west
Hi guys,

I just switch from Nikon to canon and i have been using the Nikon view software to process my raw. Its been extremely friendly with the edit tool easy to use.

However, this software couldnt read canon raw files. As such, i have been using the canon prop software provided by the camera package (Canon image browser, raw utilities). Its been a PAIN:(

Any software to recommend thats easier to use. I primarily process the raw files and save it to a folder before importing to my Mac's iphoto.(to save HDD space and keep file size small)

Am thinkin along the line of Photoshop elements or maybe aperture? Hate the way the iphoto store the files...

Advice appreciated

Thanks

Lightroom, once you learn it's features, is pretty intuitive and efficient when it comes to workflow, so you might want to check that out :)

LR is also my recommendation... as long as you do not start painting in your photos its all you need. crop, exposure correction, spot/red eye/ healing tool

LR gets my vote too.

Personally, I migrated from Capture One Pro to Lightroom. I yield better results and simplier workflow.

Actually whats the difference between processing RAW images from CS2 itself and from Lightroom? I am a Nikon user. Thanks

Just bot LR, thanks guys...much better and easier workflow.

Nice presentation too.

Status
Not open for further replies.