Which software for batch process name copyright?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayDream

Nov 12, 2005
Hi there,

What software do you recommend to add name/copyright and border information to both vertical and horrizontal photos?

I had tried the photoshop's batch process but it isn't very reliable. Please recommend!

Rgd.

Photoshop automated process works perfectly for me. What problem are you having with it? Maybe I can help. Alternatively you might want to consider Arles. Used to use that, also works very well. http://www.digitaldutch.com/arles/

Edit: I don't know what you mean by border information though.

Hi there,

What software do you recommend to add name/copyright and border information to both vertical and horrizontal photos?

I had tried the photoshop's batch process but it isn't very reliable. Please recommend!

Rgd.
you need a script to do batch process for different orientation photos in a folder, do a Google search for the script.

else you need to separate the photos into two folders and run two different actions, one for portrait, and one for landscape

Thanks for the response.

I made my own actions for the batch process, which involve resizing the layer, and add a black border. Then I have a premade name layer, which i added 'paste' in the action. Since PS remember the positions that I move, I can only apply this for the same horrizontal photo with the same dimensions.

Besides that limitation, I realised certain images, which I edited the curves but retain the same resolution, the batch process will NOT paste my name on those images but work for the rest of the photos.

I am just quite pissed with PS' batch process. Any other easier alternatives?

Thanks for the response.

I made my own actions for the batch process, which involve resizing the layer, and add a black border. Then I have a premade name layer, which i added 'paste' in the action. Since PS remember the positions that I move, I can only apply this for the same horrizontal photo with the same dimensions.

Besides that limitation, I realised certain images, which I edited the curves but retain the same resolution, the batch process will NOT paste my name on those images but work for the rest of the photos.

you can add a "select background layer" or "flatten the layers" in your action.

Thanks for the response.

Dunno why you can't paste if you edit curves, but like what catchlights said, you can flatten image. Then add copyright text, select text layer and flattened layer, go layer -> align -> right edges, then layer -> align -> bottom edges, then move the text from there if you need. Let's say you move it 10px left and 10px up, no matter horizontal or vertical, copyright will be at the bottom right corner, 10 px from the edge.

Otherwise... *points back to Arles*

:heart:photoshop

Status
Not open for further replies.