which smartphone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnorMcLeod

Jul 23, 2005
Singapore, West
K800i spoilt finally and \have to get a new one.
Looking at smartphones i) HTC Touch Diamond2 ii) HTC Magic iii) Samsung i900 Omnia (16GB) iv) Nokia N97.

Played with Omnia feels its a bit on the slow side (e.g. menu). Portrait<->Landscape switch was ok. Want more alarms and promoter says 3 alarms only.

Seems most shops don't have a demo set for HTC dunno why. Tried both Singtel and M1 already but all says dun hv. :|

Anyone tried either HTCs and Omnia? or N97?

K800i spoilt finally and \have to get a new one.
Looking at smartphones i) HTC Touch Diamond2 ii) HTC Magic iii) Samsung i900 Omnia (16GB) iv) Nokia N97.

Played with Omnia feels its a bit on the slow side (e.g. menu). Portrait<->Landscape switch was ok. Want more alarms and promoter says 3 alarms only.

Seems most shops don't have a demo set for HTC dunno why. Tried both Singtel and M1 already but all says dun hv. :|

Anyone tried either HTCs and Omnia? or N97?
I would say, this is something that you should venture out and try yourself. Because we cannot choose something that you'll own for 2 years. You should have no regrets. Read some reviews, and make the choice. I'm sure whatever phone you choose you'll enjoy it. Technology updates so fast. So stick to something that'd you like rather, than trying to be latest. :)

GMAN

The underlying technology is the same for all your selected models. Worn't be a lot of diff either way you choose.

I would say, this is something that you should venture out and try yourself. Because we cannot choose something that you'll own for 2 years. You should have no regrets. Read some reviews, and make the choice. I'm sure whatever phone you choose you'll enjoy it. Technology updates so fast. So stick to something that'd you like rather, than trying to be latest. :)

GMAN

Feature wise I have the answers. So let me refine my question:
Did anyone compare the response times of Omnia vs HTC and/or N97.
Indeed hands on is important and the bloody problem is I tried almost 10 shops none of them have demo set for HTC Diamond2.

the spec of new Acer F900 looks good, 3.8" screen with window mobile 6.1 and not too costly.

i have sumsung pixon and ultra touch, not sure if they are consider smart phone, but i find their battery life way too short. and i am a light user.

also, i find the touch screen not sensitive.

Like most have said, it's really a personal choice. What I would add is HTC is running windows mobile software where the K800i that you were using is running symbian (?). I would stick to symbian (personal choice), if you do not need the latest & the greatest, the Nokia N71 is almost the perfect phone.

Try the following website for reviews of the phones...

www.gsmarena.com

HTC Hero is also Android and better hardware such as 5MP camera. :lovegrin:

heard about it but so far cannot find information on its arrival date in SGP.
Similar for Omnia2.
For Omnia HD, I read its already released in UK, USA maybe as far back as April but cannot find it in SGP still.

One item I forgot to mention is it will be useful to have the option to edit simple excel / word files. Does this mean I am forced to use WinMo platform or the Andriod also have software supporting these file formats? I stress _simple_ edits. not graphics etc... just text.

heard about it but so far cannot find information on its arrival date in SGP.
Similar for Omnia2.
For Omnia HD, I read its already released in UK, USA maybe as far back as April but cannot find it in SGP still.

One item I forgot to mention is it will be useful to have the option to edit simple excel / word files. Does this mean I am forced to use WinMo platform or the Andriod also have software supporting these file formats? I stress _simple_ edits. not graphics etc... just text.

Android should have OpenOffice-like applications to open MS doc and xls files I guess?

Like most have said, it's really a personal choice. What I would add is HTC is running windows mobile software where the K800i that you were using is running symbian (?). I would stick to symbian (personal choice), if you do not need the latest & the greatest, the Nokia N71 is almost the perfect phone.

Try the following website for reviews of the phones...

www.gsmarena.com

Thanks for the link. the site is informative.

omnia is old phone. u should look at i8910 which should be released soon.

You cannot satisfy all your needs with one single phone.

Every hardware has some good as well as some bad features.

You must look for those phones which can satisfy your frequently used features like Call, SMS, Music, MMS, web browsing, email, Camera, Radio, GPS, Games etc.

I am using Samsung Omnia now, and I seldom use most of its features, and Im only using 30% of my 16GB space.

Next I want to try iPhone 3GS this month.

The above are my 2cents comments. It depends on each individual interests.

Status
Not open for further replies.