Which Smartphone to recommend?

Which Smartphone to recommend?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafael

Deregistered
Jul 5, 2007
I am thinking of buying a new smartphone as my old smartphone is already 3 years old.
Can anyone help me to decide?

My consideration would be either the iPhone 3G 8GB or the new Samsung Omnia II.
They both cost the same under Singtel 2-year contract.

Since you have used a smartphone previously, do you still prefer Windows Mobile or are you ready for a change to Mac OSX. Things in the Iphone don't work the same way as it is in Windows Mobile.

Since you have used a smartphone previously, do you still prefer Windows Mobile or are you ready for a change to Mac OSX. Things in the Iphone don't work the same way as it is in Windows Mobile.

I am currently using a Palm OS.

what about android phones? htc dream or magic?

I got the Omnia II and I think it's great but IPhone would have more free apps available online and looks cooler.

Do you need something for business (heavy emailer) or just social fun?

If it's social fun, wait for the SonyEricsson Satio. :)

If your comparison is between these two phones only, I would rather you go for iPhone 8gb. Currently, I am using this phone and it works great when compared to my bro's omniaII. He basically bought the phone for the camera only but is already thinking to switch to iPhone as both of us feel that iPhone is very much faster when running side by side.

tumpang your thread...

i'm currently using the E71 and my contract is almost up. should i get the iPhone 3GS now or wait for the Palm Pre to arrive and evaluate it?

tumpang your thread...

i'm currently using the E71 and my contract is almost up. should i get the iPhone 3GS now or wait for the Palm Pre to arrive and evaluate it?

You should really try out the phone's in person. I don't find the iphone intuitive but maybe that's just me. The wifey loves her iphone... Oh, due note that iphone 3gs can overheat, and if so, you'll have to turn it off, and let it cool down... as per apple's comments a couple of months ago.

iPhone overheating? Never encounter that before even when I'm a very heavy 3G and wifi user.

You should really try out the phone's in person. I don't find the iphone intuitive but maybe that's just me. The wifey loves her iphone... Oh, due note that iphone 3gs can overheat, and if so, you'll have to turn it off, and let it cool down... as per apple's comments a couple of months ago.

is it the battery or the circuit overheating? that's something I don't expect from apple but then anything can happen on the first few batches of shipments.

Oh.. thats just for the 3GS.. in fact, i heard from a friend who had the white 3GS.. when it over heat, the behind suddenly turn pink-ish.. i was :bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes:... thank God i still love my iPhone 3g.. i think its good enuf.. i dont need the camera or the additional video in the 3Gs or even the way they say its faster.. i think mine is fast enuf and have like 50 applications on my phone.. so no lag for me..

Last edited:
Has anyone downgrade from a PDA Phone/Smartphone to a normal phone?
And why?

Has anyone downgrade from a PDA Phone/Smartphone to a normal phone?
And why?

I did for a while. Smaller size, simpler to use, for the most basic tasks like sms and calling, a simple SE/Nokia is hard to beat. Sometimes smartphones have too many features, requiring too much effort to get the simplest tasks done.

Status
Not open for further replies.