Which SLR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChongK

Nov 15, 2007
West Side
Hi,

I'm currently new to SLRs,just want some advice on getting a new SLR camera.Budget is about $1300. Currently i'm looking a nikkon D-40x and canon EOS 400D. Please give your pros and cons on my cam choices,and prices too.

Thanks ;)

There are too many similar threads on this topic. Do a search, and you will know.
Nikon fans will ask u to buy D40x
Canon fans will ask u to buy 400D.

I'm a Nikon fan, so I ask u to buy D40x.
Reasons
Logical placement of buttons and dial, operating Nikon camera is like a breeze.
The last time I operate my friend's Canon 350D, I feel like pulling out my hair, the placement of buttons like arhhh! Crap !!!

Beautiful and solid body design.
Canon ? Not my cup of tea !

Just something to take note, D40(x) will require AF lens to AF(auto-focus) next time. unless you want to take pictures using MF(Manual Focus).

try to get a feel of both camera and see which one you prefer. imo maybe you should try them out before deciding, not just by what others recommend. :)

Just something to take note, D40(x) will require AF lens to AF(auto-focus) next time. unless you want to take pictures using MF(Manual Focus).
tell me which camera do not need a AF capable lens to auto focus? :think:

anyway, to correct what you said, D40(x) will only AF with SWM/HSM lenses aka AF-S lenses

Or get a Sony A100. Or a Pentax. Or an Olympus. Or or or or or...

Try a search, this reaaaaaaaaaaally pops up too often to repeat the same advice over and over again.

Okay,thanks for the information guys.. As i'm new,i want something simple to operate and user friendly. Not something that is very alien to newbies,and for pros like a EOS 1D Mark lll?:dunno:
Yeah,so i really want something good to use.

Thanks. :D:angel:

Okay,thanks for the information guys.. As i'm new,i want something simple to operate and user friendly. Not something that is very alien to newbies,and for pros like a EOS 1D Mark lll?:dunno:
Yeah,so i really want something good to use.

Thanks. :D:angel:

You can also consider starting off with a prosumer if u have little experience with manual controls. As all the laojiao say, do note the cost of owning DSLR is not just the camera, but the system (lens, accessories, BBB virus included :D)

Yeah, i'm currently using a OLYMPUS C-760 Ultra Zoom.which its not bad..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.