Which Slim Model Can Produce Good Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanchinku

Mar 7, 2005
I am looking for a slim model of digital camera, say 5MP or higher.

I would appreciate if anyone can give me some guidances which brand and model to buy if budget is not a major constraint. :bsmilie:

snowspeeder

Feb 16, 2004
www.themenatwork.com
Well if good pictures mean decent clarity and sharpnes, then I suppose any digicam would do the job. For slim model, u could check the nikon S1. Think pricing is around S$600.

tanchinku

Mar 7, 2005
Thank you to Snowspeeder for your guidance. :)

Yes, I am looking for a slim camera that produce clarity picture. I hope someone can also suggest to me any model can produce rich colour which I need not to do any post processing.

Are Sony and Casio good? They do have very slim cameras but I am not so sure about their performance. Can any user comment :eek:

ndroo

Staff member
Nov 22, 2003
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
tanchinku said:

Yes, I am looking for a slim camera that produce clarity picture. I hope someone can also suggest to me any model can produce rich colour which I need not to do any post processing.

Are Sony and Casio good? They do have very slim cameras but I am not so sure about their performance. Can any user comment :eek:
i'm using casio z55 and find it pretty good.

Astin

Mar 2, 2002
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
snowspeeder said:
Well if good pictures mean decent clarity and sharpnes, then I suppose any digicam would do the job. For slim model, u could check the nikon S1. Think pricing is around S$600.
I went to test drive the Nikon S1 last weekend (intend to buy actually). It was slim, and Nikon quality, but when I powered up, there was a delay (the time lag). I am not sure the time lag is common to all slim digicams or just Nikon S1.

mpenza

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.instagram.com
there'll usually be some performance different compared to the larger models. however, the Ixus 30 that I had (not as slim as the S1) performed pretty well with good start-up time, AF speed and shutter lag.

Firefox

Feb 15, 2004
Bedok
tanchinku said:

Slim model, rich colours out of the camera...

There's the Contax SL300R with Carl Zeiss Vario Sonnar T* coated lens. But it's a 3.2MP model and isn't cheap.. About S$600, IIRC.
Can mount 28mm colour, UV, polarisers or protective filters though.

simon80

Deregistered
Oct 8, 2004
casio z750
I simply love tat .. :heart:

GriGri

Mar 27, 2005
NTU
looking at the title, i thought you are looking for a people instead of a camera. =)

Cactus jACK

Staff member
Jul 12, 2004
Singapore (Kallang)
GriGri said:
looking at the title, i thought you are looking for a people instead of a camera. =)
hahaha!!!

the sony T3 (CZ lense) is pretty slim and can produce pretty nice pictures, :thumbsup: think they're a little over $700 now.

down slides, flash not very strong (not unlike most of the slim models), and no optical viewfinder (rely on 2.5 inch LCD -> drains batt). :thumbsd:

tanchinku

Mar 7, 2005
Hi All,

I really appreciate feedbacks and suggestions which help me a lot in choosing slim model camera...

I finally got hold of Casio Z750, price around S$700+ and I am very contented with the functions which help me alot in taking pictures :bsmilie:

I would like to recommend this model to new comers who are looking for slim model camera :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom