Which size reflector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

electron

Jan 11, 2008
Getting my first reflector from ebay but don't know which size to get. 32" or 43"?
I will be doing portraits outdoors and indoors, full body to face only.

to get effective light fills, you need to get a size of reflector similar size to the subject you intent to shoot, eg, shooting half length, reflector has to be the size of half length.
anyway, a small reflector you can't move in as will show in the frame. big reflector you can always pull back.

Or look for natural reflector like a white wall, cars etc and pose your model accordingly.

Or look for natural reflector like a white wall, cars etc and pose your model accordingly.

That will also depends on his location of shoot if white wall not available then ? Advisable
to have a reflector on standby.

Ok understood. Get as big as i can, size of reflector = size of subject (approx) and bigger is better cos can move out of view. Looks like 43" its gonna be!

Im going for the 5 in 1 colours. SHould i get a tri-grip instead so i dont need an assistant or a stand?

(sorry duplicate)

Ok understood. Get as big as i can, size of reflector = size of subject (approx) and bigger is better cos can move out of view. Looks like 43" its gonna be!

Im going for the 5 in 1 colours. SHould i get a tri-grip instead so i dont need an assistant or a stand?

It's actually quite hard to hold the reflector and shoot at the same time.

It's actually quite hard to hold the reflector and shoot at the same time.

That's what i thought. Cant afford an assistant. Any stand to suggest?

hello all,
I would say get the large one if you can, more flexible that way. I know that bigger is not always better, but perhaps in this case. I have a small one and have always wanted to upgrade.

I have ended up using two instead, so it all means extra carrying and packing ya know what I mean? Since I hope to do some more photography in Hawaii, I may need to downsize a little.

and exotic setting and fun....hawaii weddings

Status
Not open for further replies.