which site is safe to download free trial of avg antivirus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancemania

Oct 1, 2006
central
Has anyone downloaded the avg antivirus? Which site should I download it from? Is this antivirus better than norton?

free.grisoft.com

Why didn't visit AVG site directly for the download?

../azul123

personally avg not good. din detect one of the virus until i use mcafee. there's always a price to pay. nothing is free in this world except one thing......(go figure it out).

I use Kaspersky. It detects loads of viruses and spywares which AVG missed.

Last edited:
personally avg not good. din detect one of the virus until i use mcafee. there's always a price to pay. nothing is free in this world except one thing......(go figure it out).

Personally I do feel some things we need no pay if we take proper
precaution. On the other hand, which software to use is really, end day,
up to each choice, a personal preference i guess :)

Personally I do feel some things we need no pay if we take proper
precaution. On the other hand, which software to use is really, end day,
up to each choice, a personal preference i guess :)

My nephew was the one who told me to use AVG. He said it is free, so I downloaded the program thinking that it would solve my virus problem. But it offers no help at all. :(

I have no choice but to buy a 'real' anti-virus software. I went to TechDrome at Sim Lim Square. The owner recommended Kaspersky. I bought it without much consideration.

Upon reaching home, I installed the program. Ran the update and did a "Full" scan. The program detected 34 viruses and 9 spywares which AVG had missed! Problem solved.

Bottomline is, there is no such thing as free lunch.

Last edited:
My nephew was the one who told me to use AVG. He said it is free, so I downloaded the program thinking that it would solve my virus problem. But it offers no help at all. :(

I have no choice but to buy a 'real' anti-virus software. I went to TechDrome at Sim Lim Square. The owner recommended Kaspersky. I bought it without much consideration.

Upon reaching home, I installed the program. Ran the update and did a "Full" scan. The program detected 34 viruses and 9 spywares which AVG had missed! Problem solved.

Bottomline is, there is no such thing as free lunch.

kaspersky is the best and most legendary antivirus .

avg however is free, and its good enough for average usage. however, AVG isnt enough, you need a good anti-spyware, a free one either adaware or spybot.

i would recommend for paid antivirus either

1) Kaspersky(MOST rECOMMENDED!)
2) Trend micro

anyway, another free antivius i would recommend is Avira Antivir. the update takes some time but its a better antivirus than Avg

I used Kaspersky Antivirus. It was OK until it expired. Several days before expiry, it had reminder pop up dialogue boxes reminding to renew ( pay up for another year online)

(edited)

Last edited:
Update.
Back to using Kaspersky.
I figured it out how to make Kaspersky work.

When installing Kaspersky, do not choose Express Install.
Always choose Custom Install.

Do not ever allow Kaspersky to automatically decide what to do when it thinks another software is fishy.
Always choose for Kaspersky to report so that you the user can decide what to do in each case.

Otherwise you find that other useful and proper applications may be affected because Kaspersky thought it was malware or a virus.

Only install those features you want.
Especially do not choose protection against Network Attack or data leak.

It can kill your broadband link if that is seen as a network device.

You don't need the parental control feature.

When updating virus database, you wonder why the ending at 99% takes so long.
To cure that...
In Update Click on Settings, then click on Additional
You see that Rescan After Update has been prechosen for you by the software.

Unclick this.
Then the update will not take forever to finish at the end part with screen showing 99%.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.