Which site is better than Yahoo! Photo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squid

Jun 10, 2004
Yahoo! Photos is closing is site by Sep 30, 2007.:cry: It offers to migrate my family photos to another site. I have more than a thousand photographs in Yahoo! Photos.

Yahoo offers migration of these thousand photos to Flickr or Kodak Gallery or Shutterfly or PhotoBucket or Snapfish. Which is the better site to host my photographs in terms of the following criteria :dunno: :

-- accessibility (quantity of photographs or bandwidth restriction)
-- restriction (free vs paid account)
-- arrangement (able to have multiple folders)
-- ease of uploading
-- easing of invited guests to view the created folders

Please post your opinions in this thread. Thanks in advance.

flickr rulez. pay for a pro accnt. u wont regret it

US$47.90 for 2 years. I calculated that's about SG$2 per month. U get unlimited bandwidth. Uploading is a breeze wif software like FlickrUploader or jUploader (i use this). Drag and drop photos and hit Upload! organisation is very easy with flickr's batch organisation function. i usually take less than 5mins to organise newly uploaded pics into sets and stuff. so yea =D. PLUS flickr has a huge community of like minded indivs! =D

Yahoo taken over Flickr.
I believe u can just log on to flickr using your yahoo account.
Don't have to create a new acc.

Im using flickr.I find it really easy to upload and organise your photos.Like what zhikang said,sign up for a pro account.Really worth it

I use Yahoo photos too and I'm facing the same issue as TS. One feature I like in Yahoo is being able to hide albums from public and share them by e-mail. Does Flickr have the same?

I wonder if any one here is willing to help me pay for a pro flickr account if i give cash to him/her... My parents won't allow me to get it, and I don't have a CC to use -.-"

US$47.90 for 2 years. I calculated that's about SG$2 per month. U get unlimited bandwidth. Uploading is a breeze wif software like FlickrUploader or jUploader (i use this). Drag and drop photos and hit Upload! organisation is very easy with flickr's batch organisation function. i usually take less than 5mins to organise newly uploaded pics into sets and stuff.

Thanks for the info on Flickr. Looks like I will migrate to the pro account.

i heard google has a free photo account.. called picasa. do a search :)
i am using pbase, think it's the biggest, speed is not bad too..

picasa rules.

integrated with ur gmail account too. easy to:
1. send pics to frens
2. upload pics to picasaweb (auto resize if u choose to upload at 1024 or 1600 resolution)
3. make it public or private
4. share private pics with frens ( email addresses pulled from ur gmail account)

it's a breeze. and have folders and labels to all your photos. make searching easy.
and it's free. 1G bandwidth.

up this thread, a friend is asking me same question.

For free account, flickr is only able to show '200' latest photos and hide the rest.

So which photosharing website can show as many as one have uploaded and still free account?

thanks!

up this thread, a friend is asking me same question.

For free account, flickr is only able to show '200' latest photos and hide the rest.

So which photosharing website can show as many as one have uploaded and still free account?

thanks!

As some of the guys have said, you can try picasa. It's quite good too!

Flickr is great fun (and learning by looking), I spend much more time there now than here ... it's not just a storage area for photos ...

However, some of my favorite artists like Christine Lebrasseur, etc. are testing the waters at www.ipernity.com, which has a similar interface to Flickr, without the censorships (which seems to have touched some nerves) ... I'm used to censorship, so it's ok anywhere :)

Yahoo offers migration of these thousand photos to Flickr or Kodak Gallery or Shutterfly or PhotoBucket or Snapfish. .......

There are opinions on Flickr and Picassa. Are there any opinion on Kodak Gallery or Shutterfly or Photobucket or Snapfish?:dunno: Eager to hear from anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.