Which should I buy.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueskye168

Aug 28, 2006
Which should I buy, those 15"-14" or 12"lighter:dunno: ?

Any recommendations (things to take note when buying not for editing but viewing purposes only) for light-weight laptop cos likely to carry together with my Dslr(maybe with tripod also):sweat: ?

Thanks a millions.

Built in card reader! :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
Note that ultralight laptops are usually disgustingly expensive. Light ones are still ok, in my book.

Built in card reader! :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
Note that ultralight laptops are usually disgustingly expensive. Light ones are still ok, in my book.

Woah, you're fast man:thumbsup:

Thanks for your fast reply.

Yes, truly agreed on the 'Very - X' ultralight.

So how arh??:dunno:

Yes, truly agreed on the 'Very - X' ultralight.

So how arh??:dunno:

Reach a balance/compromise. You don't have to get ultra light mar. Light is just a bit more, I doubt you'd actually notice the weight. In this world, improvements come at an exponential price. At first from heavy --> medium price difference generally minimal, then for a few grams or few tens of grams difference the price is WOAH flying up fast. =D

For shoot i will carry 13-12"laptops.with built in card reader. u can get <$2500, in sim lim which brands defers.;)

For shoot i will carry 13-12"laptops.with built in card reader. u can get <$2500, in sim lim which brands defers.;)

Reach a balance/compromise. You don't have to get ultra light mar. Light is just a bit more, I doubt you'd actually notice the weight. In this world, improvements come at an exponential price. At first from heavy --> medium price difference generally minimal, then for a few grams or few tens of grams difference the price is WOAH flying up fast. =D

Thanks for your(night86mare & kyo86sg) reply:thumbsup:

Well is it better to now or wait(in terms of price) till PC Show-May-June 07?:confused:

PC Show?

Depends, sometimes very attractive offers but actually come to think of it what you want would usually go for pretty good prices at PC shows from what I've seen.

Do you need it urgently?

for me, when i was looking for a notebook, i decided to make lightweight a priority since i already have a desktop when i work at home and i carry it on my work trips (office issued notebook CMI....too heavy, old)
my acer travelmate works for me. it weighs a little more than 1kg with the 2hr batt on and a little more if i use the 4hr batt. downside is, the screen is 12" and the drive is external.

there are lighter ones out there, notably from fujitsu, panasonic and lg, but their light weight to me is put off by their huge price tag.

and get one with a 3 year warranty...i changed my motherboard twice in 2 years.:dunno: probably because normally i use the notebook on the bed or with a cushion underneath it to prop it higher when i use it on the sofa....the trapped heat kills the MB faster ?:think:

waiting for my desktop to konk off and replace it with a 17" deskstop replacement notebook:devil:

PC Show?

Depends, sometimes very attractive offers but actually come to think of it what you want would usually go for pretty good prices at PC shows from what I've seen.

Do you need it urgently?

Well not really ugent, just that I'd prefer to view pics asap(cos bigger view than lcd even if 2.5) rather all the way home dnld to pc then realise something not so right with afew pics(then how rush back to the scene again:sweat: ).

Thanks.:cool:

for me, when i was looking for a notebook, i decided to make lightweight a priority since i already have a desktop when i work at home and i carry it on my work trips (office issued notebook CMI....too heavy, old)
my acer travelmate works for me. it weighs a little more than 1kg with the 2hr batt on and a little more if i use the 4hr batt. downside is, the screen is 12" and the drive is external.

there are lighter ones out there, notably from fujitsu, panasonic and lg, but their light weight to me is put off by their huge price tag.

and get one with a 3 year warranty...i changed my motherboard twice in 2 years.:dunno: probably because normally i use the notebook on the bed or with a cushion underneath it to prop it higher when i use it on the sofa....the trapped heat kills the MB faster ?:think:

waiting for my desktop to konk off and replace it with a 17" deskstop replacement notebook:devil:

Hi scenic98, yes very much want a light weight laptop but not the heavy weight price tag lahhh :complain: :mad2:
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.