Which shop to find tripods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingendaryl

Nov 19, 2006
Hello,

I'm looking for advice as to where to find tripods. I'm looking for the manfrotto 725B. Or any tripod similar in specs from other brands.

So far, I've tried orient photo.. alan .. cathay.. none of them carry this tripod. Anyone knows where's a good place to find tripods? or specifically the manfrotto 725B?

Thanks!! :)

Hello,

I'm looking for advice as to where to find tripods. I'm looking for the manfrotto 725B. Or any tripod similar in specs from other brands.

So far, I've tried orient photo.. alan .. cathay.. none of them carry this tripod. Anyone knows where's a good place to find tripods? or specifically the manfrotto 725B?

Thanks!! :)

carrefour... super cheap and sturdy..

but if u are going for better grade go to some shop they recommended

seriously i feel the carrefour one is very good le

Recently I got my Manfrotto tripod 190x prob and Manfrotto ball head 486rc2 at Funan John 3:16. Total $285. You can consider these.

I'm looking for tripod too.

Guys, I think TS stated that he's looking for the Manfrotto 725B specifically.

ingendaryl, you may want to try TK Foto like what bro Francis said. Otherwise, you may want to check with CP to see if they can bring it in for you.

No worries Gaido, I did ask for advice on other tripods with similar specs too. :) Any advice would help.

I'm just looking for a light weight tripod the size of the manfrotto 725B, and with a ballhead. That'll serve my purpose well enough. I'm only attaching a 400D with tamron 17-50.

And I'll be using it for travel purposes. Will be lugging it to Holland and Germany. And then China next year to climb mountains! :bsmilie:

I see, you may want to check out the Benro or PPCP once too. They're pretty decent and not very heavy. Check out the threads in the Mass Order section. ;)

No worries Gaido, I did ask for advice on other tripods with similar specs too. :) Any advice would help.

I'm just looking for a light weight tripod the size of the manfrotto 725B, and with a ballhead. That'll serve my purpose well enough. I'm only attaching a 400D with tamron 17-50.

And I'll be using it for travel purposes. Will be lugging it to Holland and Germany. And then China next year to climb mountains! :bsmilie:
if you using it just for solely traveling, maybe can take a look at slik sprint pro, should be enough for 400d + 17-50, but if you really get that, i suggest you upgrade to a better head as the original ain't durable... the weight of the whole tripod including the small ballhead is barely 900g (500g lighter than a 725). :thumbsup:
any heavier lens, i wun confirm if it hold tho.

Heavy tripod is good for bashing up people :p

TK usually has more tripods from Manfrotto, Gitzo, National Geographics and Giottos on display. John has some of the other brands like Slik, Feisol, Fancier, Weifeng and Velbon. CP also carries quite a wide range of brands but only a few are displayed, you will need to check with them.

For ball head, the best will be any Arca-Swiss compatible ball head but there is a rather negative review on Benro...

Thank you all for the advice, I'll probably make a trip to all the shops that were mentioned. Hopefully I can get a tripod then.

And as for heavier tripod better for bashing up people... well.. I'll be on the trip with my gf. I doubt there will be any bashing up to do. If any, she might use it to bash me.:bsmilie:

Thank you all for the advice, I'll probably make a trip to all the shops that were mentioned. Hopefully I can get a tripod then.

And as for heavier tripod better for bashing up people... well.. I'll be on the trip with my gf. I doubt there will be any bashing up to do. If any, she might use it to bash me.:bsmilie:

Don't worry, if you find the tripod too heavy, she will too. My tripod setup is 4Kg and my gf doesn't want to touch it at all ;p

Do take a look at tripods with higher load tolerance as there is no telling if you will get heavier lenses in future. Tripod is one of the items which will probably outlast your camera bodies, lenses, bags etc. and it is worth spending more on it.

Gather a list of tripods of suitable height, weight and price and call the stores for availability before going down, although this may be a bit difficult with John 3:16 ;p

i wonder can get slik tripod then trade in the pan head for ball head can?

Status
Not open for further replies.