Which shop selling SB600

Status
Not open for further replies.

sambog

Mar 4, 2004
www.sambog.com
I have been trying to get SB600 urgently because I need to use it with D70 for my new born baby due anything next week :embrass: . Anyone know which shop has stock and what is the selling price or best price ?

Thanks

Sambog
http://www.pixzel.com

Hi Sambog,

I read in the forum someone bought it from Perisilk in Holland Village for just below $400 (can't remember actual price). My personal experience is that SM color in Ang Mo Kio offers quite good price, you can visit www.mscolor.com.sg to find out their address and contact number, give them a call to check price and availability of stock before going down.

I have been taking photos and video for my kids since they were borne until now, it is fun viewing back the past. They are around 10 years old now, the interesting thing is that they don't enjoy watching their pass but mywife and I enjoys it very much. I believe they will appreicate it only after they have grown up. But the effort is worth.

I point to remind you about Digital photos is that, don't just keep the photos in one harddisk only, because the HDD will fail one day, sometimes you could format the HDD to re-instal the operating system and after hitting the format button, just to realize that you have digital photos in it. The save way is to get a CD/DVD writter and always copy into CD/DVD-R. Media is very cheap, good quality CD-R cost less than $1 per disc. I can give you recommendation of what writter to use, that also depends on whether you are using desktop or notebook.

Babay's eye is very deligate and sensitive, try not to use flash directly into their eyes. I strongly recommend use a high speed lense so that you don't need to use flash most of the time, even if you need to use flash, try to bounce the flash through the ciling.

Have fun with your new baby.

sambog said:
I have been trying to get SB600 urgently because I need to use it with D70 for my new born baby due anything next week :embrass: . Anyone know which shop has stock and what is the selling price or best price ?

Thanks

Sambog
http://www.pixzel.com

if u shooting baby picture better dunt use flash its not good for the baby eye.

for my case i use 50mF1.8 lens to shoot baby :)

Beachboy said:
if u shooting baby picture better dunt use flash its not good for the baby eye.

for my case i use 50mF1.8 lens to shoot baby :)
Good advise. As baby eyes is still developing, it is not advisible to expose them to harsh bright lights to hurt their eyes... You won't want your baby to wear specs at young age right?

Do invest in a brighter lens like:
AF50 f/1.8D - ($180)
AF50 f/1.4D - ($490)
AF85 f/1.8D - ($640)
AF85 f/1.4D - ($1650)

Increase the ISO if the shutter speed is too slow. Mounting on tripod would also help, but that subject to the baby is sleeping or not moving too fast to cause motion blur on the picture.

As for the SB600. The first batch of stock have already arrive and sold off during the PC Show period. The next batch would be arriving sometime end month. Street price is ard $370.

Thanks everyone for your advice. I have been calling MS Color and always no stocks which is why I am becoming desparado. Anyway, I want to use the Flash for the moment when my wife hold the baby and I even with prime lens I have, nothing beat the Flash especially in door. I am plannig to bounce the Flash to prevent the strong light.

Hey, will it help if I bounce the Flash up ? One of my friend engage a so-call professional that happen to be around KK when his wife gave birth and he told me they use direct Flash. I ask if they use external light but he told it was those ppl use for wedding and the picture turn out great. Morever the baby eye is close so he was not so worried. I cannot the chance using fast lens but hopeing a Flash will help if I bounce it up.

Tripod was 2nd option but inside the delivery room, I think I hardly have time to set it up and I have like 3 bags to carry. Mommy bag, baby bag and camera & video bag. If I could not get SB600 by this week, maybe I settle for SB800.

Hi , sykestang may i know which shop you recomend to buy these lenses! :bigeyes: thanks.

First congratulations to you of becoming a father soon!
Try Cathay photo at Peninsular plaza... and give them a ring or ask for an e quote to check if they have stock...they are rather efficient in handling the quotation unlike other camera shop.

Price abit high but still competitive. U wouldn't mind the 10 bucks diff right? :)

Just got my Sb800 from Parisilk last week. I was actually looking for the SB600 but they run out of stock, so brought the SB800 instead. U can try to call them first before making a trip down, mostly they still have not receive the new batch yet.

rgds
bbchia

How come nobody asked if Lords have SB-600? I'm pretty sure they do have stocks. For babies, a better len is the 35/2.. heehee... dun use flash... not good for the eyes, especially newborn, I'm going to kok the next kokanathan's head who uses flash when my next-niece arrives.

I was squinching when I saw my nephew being flashed at the last time he was 1 month old :angry:

bbchia said:
Just got my Sb800 from Parisilk last week. I was actually looking for the SB600 but they run out of stock, so brought the SB800 instead. U can try to call them first before making a trip down, mostly they still have not receive the new batch yet.

rgds
bbchia

how much did you pay for this?

btw, the thread where the poster bot sb 600 from parisilk was about 2 weeks ago, he got it for $387 (with gst)

obviousdude said:
how much did you pay for this?

btw, the thread where the poster bot sb 600 from parisilk was about 2 weeks ago, he got it for $387 (with gst)

I got the SB800 for $630 with GST as the Sb600 is out of stock.

Bought my SB600 at Max Photo (centrepoint) at SGD399 few weeks ago.

hI GUYS the sec batch of SB-600 Stock are in now ... GO N CATCH CATCH CATCH :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.