which shop does push processing for slides

Status
Not open for further replies.

denniskee

Oct 26, 2003
bukit batok
Visit site
I have check iwth ruby, they dont do push processing anymore.

KT does it for film but not slides.

Can someone direct me to the shop that does push processing for skides.

Hi, if I am not wrong, Ruby send to Spectra lab for the slide processing. You might want to contact them (Spectra) to check if they still do Pushing/Pulling. How about RGB? But I do not like their quality and pricing.

Thanks theitguy

Anyone else know which shop does push/pull process for positive?

Hi Dennis,
Go to Fotohub. Its has branches at 6th Ave, and the original branches of RGB (all now taken over by Fotohub). www.fotohub.com

RGB is no longer doing consumer photography work, but only commercial photography.

I've gotten slides pushed/pulled at RGB on Beach Rd (now fotohub), and they've done a very good job, and fast too (if they're not busy, you can get your slides in 3 hours).

ITguy, what do you mean when you say you don't like their quality ? I've had many, many rolls processed by them, and to me, their work has been very good.

ericp said:
I've gotten slides pushed/pulled at RGB on Beach Rd (now fotohub), and they've done a very good job, and fast too (if they're not busy, you can get your slides in 3 hours).

ITguy, what do you mean when you say you don't like their quality ? I've had many, many rolls processed by them, and to me, their work has been very good.

Hi ericp,

I have sent 2 rolls to them at 2 different time ( just 1 week apart), without mount. One roll is retail while the other is bulk rolled by someone. Both rolls are filled with dirt, with some sticking to the slides, me having to get them off the slides manually (sometimes blower does not work). I am not sure if it is the negative/slide strip holder that is dirty or the way they handle it. The retail roll has obvious scratch on a few slides, and they are all on my better take of the roll. The 2nd roll (bulk) too has scratches, and one slide even has the solidified liquid (the chemicals? for processing slides?) drip on one of my slide :confused:

Overall, my experience while being served at the Beach Road outlet is good (the customer service is polite etc), but the stuff they tell me are not exactly beneficial to me but them, like conventional printing from negative and slide. They even mention there is no one is doing that in SG for negative (hard to buy chemical). Just 10mins walk to Stanley can do liao (for negative).

Oh dear, that must be a pretty nasty experience. I can empathise with you. Nevertheless, I've processed more than 50 rolls of slides with them (bulk rolled and non-bulk) and they were all in good condition.

Most importantly, you've found a reliable lab that works for you (Stanley). :)

ITguy, that's pretty serious ... our images, more often than not, are irreplaceable. Did you talk to them about it ?

When I started bulk rolling, I used the wrong type of tape which left residue on the slides, and when I asked them about it (just like you, I thought they left chemical residue behind), and they worked with me to troubleshoot the cause. Didn't try to brush me off or say it's not their doing, but just sincerely worked with me on this, and I felt that it was professionally-handled as a customer service oriented business.

Also, funny that they said they didn't do negatives, they did that for me, just that it took longer as they had to send it off-site (to their Kallang office probably ... or maybe even to a 1-hour auntie/uncle shop nearby !)

Hi ericp,

Just want to make sure it is the Beach Road outlet of FotoHub (previously RGB?) we are talking. Nowadays I do not shoot negative unless I need the speed or more forgiving exposure. I might want to go through a formal conventional basic course at PSS and learn to make my own prints eventually shall I get the time and financial means to do that. Alternatively, my idea is to wait for SAFRA Mount Faber to get their Nikon scanners so I can get some prints digitally from my slides.

Christopher

Yup, it was the Beach Rd branch. I occasionally went to the Winsland House branch (when it was more convenient) until it closed down. Did most of my processing at Beach Rd, they're a bit more pricy than others, but the speed and professionalism they have exhibited to me really made it a no-brainer.

Like you, I hardly ever shoot negative unless I'm specifically asked for it ...

Status
Not open for further replies.