Which SFF team you like best?

Which SFF event u like best?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was unfair to the US team because they had to activate the wet weather program (from what I heard) and there was no music to go with the performance. But the team had the strongest wind to clear the smoke.

Athough the Singapore team's program sounded brilliant (water effects, left to right sequences), but the smoke was so bad that the "smoke screen formed" was more effective than watever smoke-out from a smoke grenade I have ever seen in NS. After 1/3 of the show, the fireworks they had planned turned out ordinary. (What water effect???)

so my vote goes to the HK team.

Yildun said:
It was unfair to the US team because they had to activate the wet weather program (from what I heard) and there was no music to go with the performance. But the team had the strongest wind to clear the smoke.

Athough the Singapore team's program sounded brilliant (water effects, left to right sequences), but the smoke was so bad that the "smoke screen formed" was more effective than watever smoke-out from a smoke grenade I have ever seen in NS. After 1/3 of the show, the fireworks they had planned turned out ordinary. (What water effect???)

so my vote goes to the HK team.
You must be kidding mate. The HK team? The performance was much shorter than the other two's, and it was nothing much to shout abt either. The SG team did best IMO, it was just unfortunate that the wind wasn't strong enuff to blow the smoke screen away. I guess you were station at Esplanade Bridge area, that was where most of the smoke blew, thus onscuring 2/3s of the show.

I think the sg team did put in a very good effort tonite, disregarding the smoke screen. Awesome variety of fireworks and can hear the kids screaming ooh and ahh. I was so entranced at one point that I completely forgot to depress my shutter release. :D

Garion said:
You must be kidding mate. The HK team? The performance was much shorter than the other two's, and it was nothing much to shout abt either. The SG team did best IMO, it was just unfortunate that the wind wasn't strong enuff to blow the smoke screen away. I guess you were station at Esplanade Bridge area, that was where most of the smoke blew, thus onscuring 2/3s of the show.

I think the sg team did put in a very good effort tonite, disregarding the smoke screen. Awesome variety of fireworks and can hear the kids screaming ooh and ahh. I was so entranced at one point that I completely forgot to depress my shutter release. :D

I was just voting based on what I have seen :dunno: Lucky you, able to catch the nice nice fireworks, butI cannot disregard the smoke screen cos I only saw the smoke screen :cry:

And I was so overwhelmed by the smoke that I simply did not wish to depress my shutter release. :D

Yildun said:
I was just voting based on what I have seen :dunno: Lucky you, able to catch the nice nice fireworks, butI cannot disregard the smoke screen cos I only saw the smoke screen :cry:

And I was so overwhelmed by the smoke that I simply did not wish to depress my shutter release. :D
No problems, mate, everyone has his/her own opinions. :) I was at the reclaimed land area west of the firing site, there was substantial amt. of smoke there blotting out the singaopre skyline completely and partially block the fireworks display too. But it was a little better than the Esplanade Bridge location. I guess the ppl with the best view are those lucky ones on Sheares Bridge and Marina South, cos the wind was blowing away from them. ;p

Most unfortunate about the smoke during SG Team's peformance. I was hoping for the wind direction to change, but it didn't happen :(

Anybody knows what is this wet weather programme that everyone said the US Team had to pull off?

Status
Not open for further replies.