Which SD card is better, Panasonic or Sandisk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bit

Feb 28, 2004
it's a hard work for me, could you lend me a hand?

bit said:
it's a hard work for me, could you lend me a hand?

It depends on what kind of camera you are using. If you're using a prosumer camera, the speed for SD card would not matter. :)

nightwolf75 said:
scandisk more reliable, IMO.

Yeah, Sandisk is famous brand.

But according to the data of speed, only Sandisk Ultra II has the same speed of Panasonic, which is about 10Mb/s.

I wanna buy a Nikon CP3700. When using the Movie Mode of 640*480 30fps, the manual shows that SD which has 10Mb/s speed at least is needed.

And the thing even confused me is that the price of Panasonic and common Sandisk is same and the Sandisk Ultra II is much expensive.

rvf79 said:
which brand is more value 4 money then?

Think when it comes to SD cards, the speed is really not that critical. I have used bothe sandisk and panasonic SDs and have not encountered any problems at all. Guess the impt thing here is your budget perhaps?

depends on the camera/usage. some camera can make use of the faster write speeds, while others have slow i/o processes that it doesn't matter what sd card is used.

rvf79 said:
scandisk 1
heehee
whr is the cheapest ah???

2nd hand market!!

If not, try Eastgear... they're pricing for SD card considered quite cheap liao! :D

but i remember i bought it from a guy called jason from the forum 1... last time he sold mi at 110 4 256MB... but can't find him in the forum liao...

try Hagiwara or Kingston. both have lifetime warranty and are made or assembled in Japan as compared to SanDisk which is made in China.

however it is ultimately up to the user.

sd drop liao will not spoilt???
i got this from the scandisk section

Operating shock rating of 2,000Gs, equivalent to a 10-foot drop to the floor

By surfing online, I found there are two type of Panasonic SD memory, 1.2M and 10M, both are cheaper than Sandisk and Ultra II respectively.

I got a price of 165SGD from eastgear which is reasonable in my view.

See this dude....

Taken from http://www.ppcsg.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=31267 :
Rated @ 10MB/s, Panasonic 256MB SD available @ S$139 nett for PPCSG members. Limited to 5 pieces.

Otherwise, Toshiba 256MB SD @ S$109 nett is also available.

1-yr warranty applies. Offer will run for 2 days till 27 Mar 04 (Sat) or otherwise stated.

Very nice price!

Status
Not open for further replies.