Which rechargeables? Sony? GP? Sanyo?

Which rechargeables are better?


Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

d7t3

New Member
Oct 3, 2002
690
0
0
In the Shepherd's hands
#1
After looking around at some shops I couldn't find a way to decide...

Please help with your advice:

I need to buy 2 sets of chargers & batts:

1. Charger for 4xAA - for 3 Nikon external flashes (1 charger, 12 batts), for work

2. Charger for 4xAA & 2xAAA - for P&S digicam, PDA (1 charger + assorted batts) for home

Different people have recommended Sony, Sanyo & GP. Which brand would be good, and which capacity should I get? 1800? 2100? 2300? :dunno:

Thanks in advance... I'm quite clueless
 

#2
d7t3 said:
After looking around at some shops I couldn't find a way to decide...

Please help with your advice:

I need to buy 2 sets of chargers & batts:

1. Charger for 4xAA - for 3 Nikon external flashes (1 charger, 12 batts), for work

2. Charger for 4xAA & 2xAAA - for P&S digicam, PDA (1 charger + assorted batts) for home

Different people have recommended Sony, Sanyo & GP. Which brand would be good, and which capacity should I get? 1800? 2100? 2300? :dunno:

Thanks in advance... I'm quite clueless
Sanyo for sure and GP is the brand to avoid, cos many ppl say GP is not reliable and the effieciency is quite low compare to sanyo
 

Dann

New Member
Mar 27, 2004
605
0
0
-Not Found-
#3
Yup Sanyo batt are made in Japan. As for chargers get those which have individual channel charging/monitoring. I'm using a MAHA charger and it also comes wif a car adapter. :D
 

May 6, 2004
243
0
0
North
#4
sanyo charger with 4 2300 batt selling $49 at comex by eastgear now!
 

Gymrat76

Senior Member
May 10, 2004
1,606
0
0
41
#6
kohweekuan said:
sanyo charger with 4 2300 batt selling $49 at comex by eastgear now!

...same price as the shop at any other times :confused:
 

icer

New Member
Mar 15, 2004
311
0
0
West
www.icezworld.com
#7
Good for you lor.

My GP batteries need one whole day to charge but they are rather lasting. Can they at least 100 photos with no flash and using LCD screen. :)
 

jnet6

Senior Member
Apr 21, 2004
8,179
0
36
not here often anymore
#8
icer said:
Good for you lor.

My GP batteries need one whole day to charge but they are rather lasting. Can they at least 100 photos with no flash and using LCD screen. :)
can consider buying the Sanyo super fast charger.. no need to wait over night 1...
2 over hours can give u 4 full batt...!!!
 

Nerd

New Member
Oct 25, 2002
807
0
0
33
Singapore - Jurong West
Visit site
#10
Actually, if you want a super rapid flash cycling time, you should try one of the batteries from here, you might have problems charging them though as they are flat top batteries as opposed to button tops that we commonly use.

CBP 1400 mah

They took a 2 seconds off my flash charging time. From 5 seconds to 3, compared to using Sanyo 2100s. Reason being that they are capable of high current discharges and hold their voltage better than the high capacity ones.

But if you're looking for more flash per charge of batteries, I would recommend you stick with the Sanyo 2500mahs which should soon arrive in Singapore.
 

jumbocrab

New Member
Jun 27, 2004
406
0
0
#11
GP also have 2500mAH - http://www.gpbatteries.com.hk/html/products/rechargeable_hydride.html

We should not use charging speed as the ONLY parameter for deciding which charger to buy. There are other things to look out for. A poorly implemented charging circuit may shorten the life of your batteries in the long run. For example, there are three methods of judging when to stop charging: -deltaV, temperature and time. The best is to get a charger to detect all three parameters. Also, get a charger with 4 individual charging circuits.
 

afbug

Senior Member
Aug 19, 2004
482
0
0
Planet SG™
#12
Maybe you can try Maha Powerex 2200mah batts. Quite good i heard. I'm using Sanyo 2300s and the quick refresh charger. Very good performance. I think you can get it for $48 at W3. http://www.w3cube.com/
 

d7t3

New Member
Oct 3, 2002
690
0
0
In the Shepherd's hands
#13
thanks a lot, people!

i've heard of maha but never seen the brand in shops. it's quite well reputed.

jumbocrab, your advice sounds logical... though i wouldn't know which charger uses which criteria.

also thanks for the shop info... i was thinking of going to mustafa originally...
 

Jun 21, 2004
212
0
0
#14
my GP batteries are OK. Using 1hour rapid charge with 1600mAh, 1800mAh batteries and they're doing OK for my flashes, pocketTV etc. paid S$5 for 2 piece in PC show a couple of months ago

latmo said:
Sanyo for sure and GP is the brand to avoid, cos many ppl say GP is not reliable and the effieciency is quite low compare to sanyo
 

johnyu

New Member
Nov 4, 2003
316
0
0
Melbourne, Australia
#16
Prismatic said:
Sanyo has the 2500mAh batteries coming soon.
Think I read somewhere not too long ago.
A bit OT. Can someone confirm this:

With my Sanyo 2100 and 2300, I have the impression that high the capacity, faster the batteries will lose its charge when left not use after fully charged.
 

jumbocrab

New Member
Jun 27, 2004
406
0
0
#17
d7t3 said:
thanks a lot, people!

i've heard of maha but never seen the brand in shops. it's quite well reputed.

jumbocrab, your advice sounds logical... though i wouldn't know which charger uses which criteria.

also thanks for the shop info... i was thinking of going to mustafa originally...
Well, you just have to do more research and dig for more answers. For example:

http://www.gpbatteries.com.hk/html/pdf/u-smart.pdf

The manual clearly states all the features. I'm not in any way related to GP Batteries. Just that I have found them to be very transparent in their equipment specifications and functions.

You got to do the same and try to research for other brands you are interested in.
 

d7t3

New Member
Oct 3, 2002
690
0
0
In the Shepherd's hands
#20
i've bought the batts!

for work: i overestimated the flash use. probably not cost-effective to buy expensive batts (e.g. sanyo 2300), so bought GP standard charger + 8 x 1300mah for $20. reason: most of the time, only 1 flash is used. the others only for big events.

for home: sanyo refresh charger + 4 x 2300, and 8 x 800mah AAA from w3cube, prices as on website

really glad for the advice given!
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom