Which Rechargeable batteries to get?

mrribena

Dec 7, 2007
Hi all, I will be getting my canon 430 EX II flash but have no ideas which types rechargeable batteries to go along. pls kindly guide me along. thanks!:)

Can take a look at eneloop, they're low self discharge and retain it pretty well. alternatively, i've tried energizer ones, not too shabby either.

I think Sanyo Eneloop, Powerex Imedion, and Energizer rechargeables are pretty all right.

Thanks, what is the rough estimated price for 4 Sanyo Eneloop and the charger?

Last edited:

got mine at $30 + for the 2 quick charger + 4 Battery at sgcamerastore at their member price

Can check out THIS website.

Or else just drop by any of our friendly electronics stores like Eastgear, Best Denki, Courts, etc.
PC Show coming soon too, though savings may not be worth the effort of fighting the crowds :)

Before you continue asking a whole bunch of questions and get scolded by some of the forum guys, PLEASE please please just use the search function. There're tons of threads on this matter.

Sphben said:
Before you continue asking a whole bunch of questions and get scolded by some of the forum guys, PLEASE please please just use the search function. There're tons of threads on this matter.

You learn fast

You learn fast

Erm. It's just a heads up for him I guess.
I too find it funny that there're questions like these popping up so often when they could have spent 5 seconds searching the forum and getting all the answers they need rather than waiting all day for people to read the thread and be nice to help out or just be plain mean... (No offence to anyone because both ways work!) >.<

Anyway... I would recommend Powerex Imedions for high power applications. Some reviews off the net has shown that the powerex batteries are able to discharge faster than the other brands. If I'm not wrong, this would mean a slight... REALLLY slight bit faster recycling time.