which range of focal length you most frequently used for pass 3 month

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

denniskee

Oct 26, 2003
bukit batok
Visit site
as per title, this poll is to see which range of focal length most of us frequently used for pass 3 month.

does not matter if you are more into nature shooting cause there are those that shoot close up and there are those that use big mama to shoot birds, so it kind of balance the load.

i know people will ask why no multiple choice. but this poll is about the most frequently used focal length range.

edited

Pls read this guideline to make your selection

ok, base on ptwong 17-40 before 1.6 crop (27-64 after), so should click 24-80. since it is the final angle of view that he is after.

if he wanted a true 17-40 angle of view, than should be using 10-20 right. but than should click 15-35.

35-105mm for me.

17-40 before 1.6 crop (27-64 after)

Usually, I have the kit lens on, which gives me 29-88mm after the crop factor.

The 70-200mm lens is sometimes used, and on these select occasions, it's given me very good shots too.

Personally, I think it's okay that there's no multiple choice in this poll. The question after all, asks for the MOST USED focal length. That means we simply have to pick the best answer.

Past 3 months?
12-24mm
85mm
28mm

All focal length are 35mm equivalent

ok, lets see, there is also crop factor to consider.....

ok, base on ptwong 17-40 before 1.6 crop (27-64 after), so should click 24-80. since it is the final angle of view that he is after.

if he wanted a true 17-40 angle of view, than should be using 10-20 right. but than should click 15-35 right?

any suggestion if we should choose the actual focal length range of the lens?:think:

for me, most time use 24 prime and 35 prime on both FF and 1.6x crop. so i choose 15-35.

so how ah??

choose the actual length or choose the focal length after crop??

:confused: :confused: :confused:

denniskee said:
so how ah??

choose the actual length or choose the focal length after crop??

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I would say...choose the effective focal length (ie. after crop). The actual focal length before crop is almost insignificant.

fWord said:
I would say...choose the effective focal length (ie. after crop). The actual focal length before crop is almost insignificant.

hi fword

you mean like this?

if he wanted a true 17-40 angle of view, than should be using 10-20 right. but than should click 15-35 right?

denniskee said:
hi fword

you mean like this?

Loosely, yes, that's the way to play this poll.

Most used
18-70mm
105mm Micro
18-200mm

Status
Not open for further replies.