Which pub has....

Status
Not open for further replies.

major_tom

Dec 3, 2005
good live bands that play '70s rock like Led Zep, Deep Purple, Uriah Heep, Black Sabbath, Free, Bad Co., etc....

Feeling a little nostalgic lately. cannot tahan places playing boring Top 40 stuff .....

Anyone?

I love them all. Sure brings back memories.

Hi guys,
after lurking for some time just had to write. Yes, love the 60s, 70s rock music - Deep Purple my fav band.

I used to be a permanent fixture at Woodstock (Far East Plaza), Zombie (Orchard Towers) and this place next to Paramount Shopping Centre, can never remember the name:think: Owner a very tall chinese chap who sometimes plays the drums - Ben I think.
Sadly all these places are gone. Now playing my CDs very loud at home and bothering the neighbours.

Please post any new venues for classic rock - need to spend my evenings constructively;)

Yeah, last time (1993/1994) there was still a rock pub called Zappa at Boat Quay. I used to work there for a while after I ORDed. Really miss those days of Iron Maiden, Metallica...and lots of chio bus at Boat Quay too...

Now? All restaurants...duh~

Tanglin Shopping Centre has a pub called "Excalibur" or "Remeber Excalibur" plays 60s/70s but no live band..

I used to be a permanent fixture at Woodstock (Far East Plaza)

Wah, that place brought back memories sia......I still blast them over my mp3......"when a blind man cries"...steam

I heard that there are some rock joints (even woodstock) at Marina South? any1 confirm can this?

by the way, if u ever in tokyo, check out:

http://www.tokyo.to/bauhaus/index.html

Japanese rock band plays 70's/80's rock. The lead guitarist who doubles as a waiter cum bartender, plays a mean lead (esp on Deep Purple nos.) and he's in his early 20s.
Quite amusing to listen to them singing english songs phonetically.
...and they welcome anyone in the audience to jam with them during their sets.

I was there a couple of times.....one of those no-frills cult pubs

Status
Not open for further replies.